Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still doesn't work

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

still doesn't work

Hi, Dear StubHub,

Since I switch my plan to fibre, my internet connecton is very bad, drop frequently.

even Dlink change the new version, unfortunately, my internet doesn't work properly and reliable.

Three months after does starhub CAN find soltion? three month already!!!!

I request to swich back my old plan.

disappointed!!!!!!!

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Hub Master

Re: still doesn't work

Hi Onecustomer

Could you PM your details to me? Thank you.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi, i spend  a lot of time on this , it's not wireless, it's a oneroom wireless fibre,

starhub , can you figure out problem? I went to any other room, wifi can not connect internet reliable and very low speed., DLink upgraded however doesn't work, so does starhub really want to solve problem?

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

When I was using the D-link router, I have no problem connecting to it via wifi 2 rooms away. Make sure you place your router in a more centralised location, away from the walls. Each wall will approximately cut the wireless signal by 30-40%. I have no idea why your router cannot transmit out of the room, unless your room is very big or is made of lead wall.

Hi Starhub,

I've recently upgrade my current MaxOnline plan to MaxInfinity 150m and SH technician will be coming down on 26th March for installation, however seen alot of complaints about the Fiber Optic connection and the Router problem from the forum and it really worries me if I will experience the same issue as the others. I really regret in upgrading the plan and is it possible to reverse the upgrade without paying any penalties? 

Respected Contributor

I'm planning upgrade my maxonline to fibre to. i also using Dlink router. After see all this post I kinda worry about it.

Plus need to ask, my currently modem was the cable modem(with phone line). If I change to fibre did I need to change my modem, if needed will have the extra charge. The fiber installation time is how long??

Highlighted
Hub Master

Hi Shuin76

The time that you need to wait for the installation is depends on the number of subscribers who are signing up for Optic Fibre Broadband as there are limited installation slot available each day.

Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Hub Master

Hi Magicguy

If your concerns is on the wireless speed, you can consider to bridge your own router to the Home Gateway.
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Starhub,

If I were have to bridge the router, why should I have to pay for the router in the first place? (according to Jun Hao, the D-link router is chargeable at $80 ) And why can't I get a better router instead of D-link's as this is not a free router? In that case, can I opt for a better router instead of D-link's since this is chargeable?

Currently I am uisng a  cisco DPC3925 modem + router with digital voice support. Hence, once I switch to max-infinity plan, so what type of router you recommending?

Lastly, under what circumstances can I opt for direct OPT?

Highlighted
Android™ Expert

Hi Magicguy,

The D-Link router is provided to me FOC, the charges on the router is dependent on the promotion plan you subscribe to. If you opt for direct ONT, you will need your old cable modem for digital voice. As for recommendation for routers, I would say ASUS RT-N66U. It is costly though at about $260. I am using TP-Link TL-WDR4300, which is working pretty decently for me, and I got it at $90. Both are dual band routers.

Lastly, just inform KaiBoon if you want to opt for Direct ONT.

Cheers