Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow wifi speed

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Re: slow wifi speed

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for your reply. I am referring to issues with BOTH 4G and wireless router connection.

Are you telling me issues with WIFI has nothing to do with StarHub at all, and the only responsible party is the router company?

Trusted Commentator

Hi Eric,

Also, I am using D-link routers.

Grand Guru

@Ong102 wrote:

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for your reply. I am referring to issues with BOTH 4G and wireless router connection.

Are you telling me issues with WIFI has nothing to do with StarHub at all, and the only responsible party is the router company?

Yes, the Wifi is related to Router wireless signal & coverage.

To ensure your internet connection from Starhub is stable or not, then connect from router lan port to computer via ethernet cable and run the speedtest.

When the phone is within range of router wireless coverage it will be on wifi and not 4G.

Only if it out of range then phone will use mobile data 4G as indicated on the phone notification status.

Since you are using D-Link routers then you may have to update the latest firmware.

> Starhub - DLink Routers Firmware

For DIR-868L please read the Release Notes on instruction to update version 1.10 before 1.21 accordingly.

After updating the firmware and login to router settings the password will be the same as indicated in the white sticker label on the router itself.

The latest firmware should have improvement on the wireless signal as i had encountered before.

If you need assistance on updating DLink router you can contact 6501-4200 when you are ready.

The staff are helpful and will guide you throughout the process on updating the router firmware and including providing you the firmware link via email.

Once you have completed the updating the router firmware and next contact Starhub 1633 direct to Broadband Tech support line, not cs.

Just inform Tech support staff that you have updated the router firmware and request to reset/refresh your IP Address, and follow their procedure.

As for 4G signal issue consider as separate matter.

That's once the above router firmware updated then should resolved most of your wifi problems.

Regards,

Eric.