Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow wifi speed

Highlighted
T04
Esteemed Commentator

slow wifi speed

Im recently upgrade my subscribed to starhub's from 300mbp to 1gbps fibre plan. the wifi speed very slow, i had call the technician service the technician girl test and say the equipment Linksys EA7500 is new less than 14days the service is wave for send the technician to my house. 

on 4/7/18 the technician come and say internal speed slow is normal and the report is speed is within specs, ping test stable and resolution code : customer education. and the service become charges. 

my speed test after the technician service, the problem not yet solve,

my internet speed never improve still very slow, sometime not able to watch attached video. 

very disapointer and tire every day face slow speed internet.

i sign up the contract Screenshot_20180704-232525.pngnot yet 14days can i terminal for free.

12 REPLIES 12
Alumni (Retired)

Re: slow wifi speed

Hi T04

That should be really so frustrating. Quick check, does restarting your modem/ONT and router help resolve the issue at all? If that doesn't help, can you provide me with your full name, NRIC, contact number and email address via Private Message and we'll keep in touch?

T04
Esteemed Commentator

(Personal Details Removed) 

Community Manager

Hi T04, I've edited your post to protect your personal details. Let me assist you in PM. Thank you - Josephine

Trusted Commentator

You think yours is slow? Look at my download and uploading speed. Enjoy a good laugh.

Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 6.47.15 PM.pngWelcome to fibre broadband

Community Manager

Hi Ong102

Please note that to increase your connection speed, do be in close proximity to your router if you're using WiFi. To reduce loss of speed, kindly connect using wired connection.

And if you're still experiencing issues as of now after rebooting all your devices, please drop me a PM with your registered name, Hub ID/email address and service address (including postal code and unit numbers) by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < for me to arrange for assistance.

Thank you. 

- Jackson
Trusted Commentator

Hi Jackson,

1. I am approximately 8m away from my router. Same floor.

2. Reboot does nothing.

3. I PMed you guys with all my relevant information on 17 November 2018 to feedback about poor WIFI (laptop and phone) and 4G connection (phone), there has yet to be a proper response:

• 21 November 2018: Amy advises me to place my SIM card in another handset. I respond to say it does not help the issue.
  • 21 November 2018: Jeremy later asks the same question, and advises me to turn my 4G on and off.
  • 26 November 2018: I respond to say the problem persists. Jeremy asks me for a report on date, time, location of incident, phone model, and description of issue.
  • 3 December 2018: I respond with all the requested information.
  • 5 December 2018: Debbie asks if I am facing slow speed mobile data issues. I reply yes. Debbie says they are checking on this and will get back to me with updates.

End of Starhub's assistance to me. Its near Christmas now.

Community Manager

Hi Ong102

Thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologize on this matter.

I'll check on this and get back to you shortly.

*Edit - upon checking, I could not find your details nor your queries from your community account. If you had raised it up to us via another channel, please stick to that channel to avoid any confusion.

If your previous issues has not been resolved, kindly let us know again on the specific channel for us to assist you. 

However, due to overwhelming amount of queries coming in, our responses may be slow. For immediate assistance, kindly call 1633. Thank you.

- Jackson
Trusted Commentator

I have still not heard back from you
Grand Guru

Hi  @Ong102

To address your issues you are having, suggest you to separate the issues accordingly.

From reading your statements, there seem to be confusion between Router wireless and 4G signal.

Those instructions are mainly based on 4G issue and may have nothing concern on Router wireless which is the main problem you are facing.

For Router wireless connection problem, this would be on Fibre Broadband matter.

And regard to 4G signal should be on Mobile matter.

Regarding to Router wireless, it is possible you are connected to 2.4GHz bandwidth that give you low connection speed.

Before proceeding further, this is assuming you are using this router Linksys EA8100 model.

Understand on > FAQ 8100 - Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) section

Most likely you may have to turn off this DFS channels.

For assistance to Router matters you can contact Linksys 6701-6971 (under Support in the above link).

And assistance on internet connection do contact Starhub 1633 direct to Broadband Tech support line.

i am not starhub staff.