cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no fiber network connectiin

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

no fiber network connectiin

recently experience a lot of slow connection .
today morning has no connection at all

pls kindly check for me : 090034
10 REPLIES 10
Trusted Commentator

Re: no fiber network connectiin

Hey mike9725, I had the same problem, no internet connection since 8am yesterday. Called 1633 yesterday, they told me that they are investigating and will call me back, the call never came. I just called again (22mins wait) the reply was the same they are investigating and will call me back.
My nucleus connect modem has the LOS light flashing red. Yours the same problem?
My postal code is 672549, please check mine too.
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

At least u got through ; my LOS has no red at all ... Nor any lights.

I tried calling 1633 since morning . Keep holding us on the line waiting for 20mins . I give up man . Whats going on with starhub fiber
Highlighted
Grand Guru

@mike9725  You mean no light on ONT & router?

No lights could mean power is not available.

Check your power supply 'extension'. It is better to get those power extension with leds as indicator.

You have to request them to bring the ONT, Router & fibre line, when making the appointment.

Never mind about refurbished set, as long as it work.

Problem on calling the HOTline. Try this,

Let it trying to call thru, for 5 minutes, then hung up.

Call again. Repeat.

Sometimes it could get thru, after about 3 or 4 tries.

It is a mystery that why some calls have to wait long, long..

I had not problem when i call them today around 6pm, they pick up on first call.

Highlighted
Grand Guru

@BC7  LOS light flashing is no connection.

On the firmly (no force) push or insert the green end on both fibre terminator point & modem (ONT).

This is one of the possible problem as the fibre line is sensitive.

Else go and get a (short) fibre line (cost $6), while waiting for Starhub to response.

Request them to bring along modem (ONT), router, fibre line.

(I had encountered this problem, and told Starhub to bring along both devices (ONT & Router) + fibre line.)

The response from them is 1 or 2 day, as the CS staff gave me the appointment.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The tech guys are hopeless. Best part of it all. Everything will be ok once the tech guys are at your place. That what happened to me the last time.
Highlighted
Grand Guru

This is that they do make sure to check at their end before going to the customer's place.

For me, i want them to setup &or verify on my laptop to ensure it is working before the guy leave.

This is because the setting on their laptop may be different to us.

After they done the setting on my laptop, up to today, it did not encountered any problem.

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

@eric3743 thanks for the tips, I will try to get new optical cables tomorrow to give it a try, hopefully that works.

I'm still waiting for Starhub to call me back, they promised that they will call yesterday, they did not. Called them again today and spoke to a CSR named Said, said he will called me today with an update, as expected that call did not came. Utterly disappointed with them.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Most of the time they will not call. That why I gave up calling 1633 long time ago. When your contract about to expired, they will definitely call you and take the opportunity to ask for discount if not jump ship.
Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Sigh... I just moved and signed them on in March. It's only 4 months and I'm starting to regret.