GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPv6 on Fibre Broadband is not working!

Home Networking Expert

Re: iPv6 on Fibre Broadband is not working!

Good for you then. But that doesn’t have anything with our service down

Home Networking Expert

Good for you, so when starhub gonna fix ours?
Home Networking Expert

Update:

Call starhub this morning,

1.) "Technical customer care" person: "Which one is not working, 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz" - at which point i had to be very firm that we are talking different thing here. Which he then admitted he is not technical enough to handle either "IPv6" or WAN problem and there is no other people in Starhub that could help (I asked specifically for him to escalate to his technical team, but he insisted there is no such thing!). He redirected me to Dlink folks

2.) Call Dlink - did a legit test with them, direct Modem to Laptop, and voila, still no IPv6, so he send me back to Starhub - which I agree & understand

3.) Call Starhub again, did a few more test including resetting my connection from their end (good progress #1) but still no IPv6.Such random shock I hear - "our tech don't troubleshoot IPv6 problem". But eventually he agree to escalate the issue to their network engineering team and I should get a call back within 24 hours...

At least some progress...

Hopefully my hearing didn't fail, according to DLINK, the router log dhcp6_ctl_authinit: failed to open /var/etc/dhcp6cctlkey means the router did not receive any ipv6 address, hence the 'error'

Home Networking Expert

Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

After putting the router to "link local" for half-a-day, went to tinker with it again, and ipv6 is ALIVE again!

If I don't guess wrongly, I will get a call from Starhub soon...

Respected Advisor

Finally, it is working this evening!

Take 5 days to rectify the problem!

Senior Commentator

got the ipv6 assignment for a while and it broke again today. this happened when i had to reboot my router and i've also tried to power cycle the ONT.

have logged a case with CS previously (last week) and they were quite active in giving daily updates via phone call but this stopped after Monday.

anyone other than me having the same issue where the ipv6 assignment broke again? 

Valued Commentator

Hi

Would you be able to share what is the setting for preflix, preflix length and if other setting to make IPv6 work on Linksys EA7500 va router?

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Valued Commentator

I read a few places that StarHub no longer support 6rd tunnel. 

I change the default setting back and add IPv6 DNS to my network setting and it works.

Router: Linksys EA7500 V2

The IPv6 DNS setting used:

IPv6 DNS Server 1  - 2404:e800:3::16

IPv6 DNS Server  - 2404:e800:103::16

Somehow the IPv6 DNS from StarHub website is not working

Primary DNS : 2406:3000:0:11::78
Secondary DNS : 2406:3000:0:14::36

I turned off my Ipv4 and run a test to proof it work.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNGCapture.PNG