Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre connection problem

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

fibre connection problem

Capture.PNG

I'm a new subscriber to starhub fire connection, the techician came to setup today, it was doing ok after setup, and later on i moved my router to another location, and the connetion becomes limited

Cables are connected (Cat6)

orange connection light on DLink

Able to connect to the connection, but

limited access

I've reset a few times and nothing seems to be working. Please help. Smiley Indifferent 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Re: fibre connection problem

Ok I'm not sure why, but its ok now. Suddenly the light become green and i tried to connect and it finally worked. thank god. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

ITS NOT WORKING AGAIN. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING D:

Highlighted
Veteran

Check all your cable connections, anything loose?

Try putting the router back in the original place when it was first tested working.

Did you use a different cable when you moved it?

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

no loose wires...

the signal is orange lit

no i did not use a differnet cable.. 

i simply just restarted the modem... now i feel so regret doing that. because i tried to move the wire ( its somehow blocking the path)

Highlighted
New Commentator

Yeah, happen to me right now too and not just today. i called on hold for like 35 mins yet no one pick up, yet that message still dare to say attend to us shortly. i wonder how short is their short refer to ? 1hr?

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

do you off your router often? i swear if the connection comes back im never gonna off it again.

and for the technical service i didnt even bother to call them :x

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Dlink router is problematic - had a DIR868, works ok as an extender but not router - persistent orange led.

Try this (works for me previously) - Switch on ONT, wait 10-20 sec, then switch on router.  if persistent orange led after 2-3 minutes, go to router's user interface (last page) and renew IP.

Hope it helps..

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

thanks! thats how i sort of felt too. now i don't dare to off it at all ;'), i'll just leave it on. and if next time the thing happens, i'll use your advice,

oh and i have another way, that is to wait over night, bascially just leave it on over night even if its orange colored, it'll turn green in the morning Smiley Wink