Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rt-n66u + digital line

SOLVED
Highlighted
Respected Commentator

asus rt-n66u + digital line

Hi All

Need guidance to make my digital line work with Asus RT-N66U router.

Any kind soul out there would be able to help.

Thank you.

Everyone's Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: asus rt-n66u + digital line

DV won't work with vlan tagging.

The port 3 (VOIP) won't work even if connect to the old dlink or huawei gateway.

TS has to request for Direct ONT from SH and re-route the DV to a cable modem, if not existing cable modem, maybe can try to request for the voice enabled ONT from SH

7 REPLIES
Veteran

N66U itself doesn't support phone line so you need to connect your phone line to another device.

Where do you connect the digital phone line currently?

Respected Commentator

My Current Connection:

As I would like to make ASUS as my primary router, therefore I am connecting as below:

ONT> ASUS RT-N66U> Port3 (VOIP)>  DLink> Digital Phone

Initially I am using DLink as my primary router and ASUS as my Wireless AP, but the connection is really bad. Therefore, I tried switching to ASUS to primary router, the internet connection is so good. But unble to get my digital voice to work.

Veteran

Did you call Starhub for Direct ONT before you put in your N66U as the main router or are you using some VLAN settings?

Respected Commentator

Using VLAN, I managed to configured ASUS as my primary router. Just that I need help to link up with digital voice.
Asus connecting to internet - OK
Digital voice - not ok
Veteran

I don't think your intended config will work for DV. I read somewhere that the VOIP coming out of the N66 has VLAN stripped so the 5402 will not work with the voice line.  If I find the link again, I will post.

Meanwhile, have a look at this:  http://community.starhub.com/t5/MaxInfinity-Fibre-BroadBand/Voice-of-customer-dissatisfied-with-DVG-...

(take note of Varun's comments)

Trusted Contributor
Solution

DV won't work with vlan tagging.

The port 3 (VOIP) won't work even if connect to the old dlink or huawei gateway.

TS has to request for Direct ONT from SH and re-route the DV to a cable modem, if not existing cable modem, maybe can try to request for the voice enabled ONT from SH

Hub Master

Bingo!
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is