StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Wonderful” customer service from Starhub - that left such a terrible distaste in my mouth

SOLVED
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

“Wonderful” customer service from Starhub - that left such a terrible distaste in my mouth

I am sharing my experience here - with the hope that someone from Starhub that reads this, and is able to do something about this, gets back to me/ helps resolve my issue.

Here goes - my "wonderful" customer experience.

I called in to Starhub Sales line to enquire about their fibre broadband plans back in June 2013 and was served by a Sales staff named William. At the end, I signed up for a fibre contract and as part of the contract package, I was supposed to get free Digital Voice Home and Anytime TV - which I confirmed with William that I wanted them.

William informed me that the Digital Voice Home will be activated at a later time, after the OpenNET Termination Point (TP) installation and Starhub Fibre Modem installation are completed. I informed him that I was fine with that.

Installation of the OpenNET Termination Point and Starhub Fibre Broadband came and went, but I did not get any updates on the Digital Voice Home and Anytime TV. So I called back and was referred back to William.

He claimed that there was some issue with my account, that they would need to update my account details first (I was previously a cable broadband account) - before they are able to tag the free Digital Voice Home and Anytime TV to my account. He informed me that that would take 2-3 working days, and that he would get back to me.

1 week passed and no one got back to me.

I called 1633, asking for William. When I finally got transferred to him, I asked him why he didn’t get back to me. He apologised, stating that my account still had some issues. I accepted his apologies and asked him how much longer will I have to wait.

What follows boggled my mind.

William asked me why I wanted the Digital Voice Home and Anytime TV services. He went on to say that even though the Digital Voice Home was free, there was a costly one-time activation charge of $42.80. I replied that I was fine with that (though I was a little taken aback by his statement). He went on to ask why I wanted Anytime TV - saying that there are not much programs provided, only 16 complimentary channels and nothing else. I replied that I liked the feature of the on-demand library - I am currently subscribing to Singtel MioTV and I do purchase on-demand movies from time to time.

Here's the shocker - (considering that I am speaking with a sales staff) - he said that I am better off downloading shows from the internet, which is FOC, and why do I bother paying for on-demand programs.

I seriously have no idea what kind of sales staff he is, but being in no mood to answer his prying question - I simply replied that I wish to have the 2 services as promised before – and asked when can I expect to get them. He replied that he will send a note to the relevant department to expedite the issue, and for me to wait for his call.

Time passed (weeks) and no calls came. No updates and no news whatsoever. It was already the 19th of August and I've had the fibre broadband up and running since the 5th of July.

What follows really turned me off and left me seething with anger.

I called up 1633 and asked for William from the Sales department – they said that they are unable to do that but will put in a request for him to call me back. I explained my situation but the staff mentioned that they are unable to do anything except put in an urgent request for William to get back to me. Since nothing further can be done, I agreed and hung up.

2-3 days passed and no news – I called up 1633 again, and again the same stand – they will get William to get back to me within 48hrs.

Another 2-3 days passed with no news again. I called 1633 to ask why – they promised that William will get back to me within the day. The day passed and I did not receive any call from William. The next day, a female staff called me and informed me that the relevant sales staff should get back to me by the next day. Thinking that at least this time someone called me back, I decided to wait.

How wrong I was. 2 days later – I am still waiting for that elusive call. All this nonsense and wait, for something that I was supposed to get when I signed up for the 2yr contract. I am already 2 months into the contract and never failed to pay up for my Starhub bills (paid using credit card). Now, I am having the mind to cancel my billing arrangements and stop paying my Starhub bills until my issue gets resolved.

I have tried sending in email feedback to Starhub Customer Care – 2 emails in fact. No replies whatsoever.

Hopefully this feedback gets some attention – or some customer service (or whatever close) that is terribly long overdue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hub Expert
Solution

Re: “Wonderful” customer service from Starhub - that left such a terrible distaste in my mouth

Kenny, I'm in the Home Solutions team (broadband and television) and deeply and sincerely apologize for this experience. I'm escalating this to people I trust who should be able to resolve this. Could you please PM your IC / FIN to me please so I can forward the same along with your message? It'll speed up our ability to set things right.

My sincere apologies once again.

- Varun.
My posts represent ONLY my own opinions.
6 REPLIES 6
Hub Expert
Solution

Re: “Wonderful” customer service from Starhub - that left such a terrible distaste in my mouth

Kenny, I'm in the Home Solutions team (broadband and television) and deeply and sincerely apologize for this experience. I'm escalating this to people I trust who should be able to resolve this. Could you please PM your IC / FIN to me please so I can forward the same along with your message? It'll speed up our ability to set things right.

My sincere apologies once again.

- Varun.
My posts represent ONLY my own opinions.
Valued Commentator

Thanks Varun. I have PMed you my detail. Hopefully things will really get moving this time.
New Commentator

I had a bitter experience from stathub too.I agreed that there is no customer care and standards they have.I applied for fibre broadband since 3 weeks + and I was calling them so many times to check when they can install the modem.no one get back to me.I wrote complaint to starhub,then someone called me and said within 24 hrs they are going to resolve my issue.
Till now no news from starhub. So I m planning to cancel my request and go to another distributor.
Alumni (Retired)

Hi shyla

Could you drop me a Private Message with your NRIC? I will look into this for you.
New Commentator

Seems like I wasn't the only one experiencing bad service from StarHub.

My company liased with Starhub/OpenNet regarding fibre broadband for the office and the matter has been pushed around since Jan 2015 (it's Apr 2015 now) but nothing has been resolved.

Calls and complaints had been made countless times but to no avail. Call 1633, they direct you to 1630, followed by 1800-8888-8888 then 1631. At this point anyone would've been mad!

Although courteous, the staff handling my calls cannot solve my problems, so what is the point of having customer service hotlines? They will continue to shirk responsibilities to other parties - Starhub, OpenNet and my office's building managment but at the end of the day, no one takes the blame.

Seriously disappointed with ALL the services "provided". 

Alumni (Retired)

Hi CLTL

Can you PM me your account details? Let me check and get back to you.
========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is