GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow download speed when switching to fibre

Respected Commentator

Very slow download speed when switching to fibre

Hi, i just switched over from cable to fibre and internet speed is very slow. I tried all the troubleshooting steps and the download speed test indicate that the speed is only at 2.8 Mbps! Please look into this

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Very slow download speed when switching to fibre

Hi Sam, please try the local speedtest via wired connection. The link can be found at http://www.starhub.com/personal/support/device-trouble-shooting/broadband/perform-speed-test.html (MaxInfinity Fibre Home Broadband). Do you still face broadband slowspeed? - Simon 

Respected Commentator

Thanks. It is now showing 265 Mbps but all video streaming (across different sources) still extremely slow and pause to buffer every few seconds

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Sam,

Video streaming may be due to lag from the various sources, especially if you're using a VPN. Do try restarting your device, clearing your cache and try again. 

If the issue persist, please drop me a PM with your registered name, registered mobile number, Hub ID/email address and service address (including postal code and unit numbers) by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < for me to arrange for assistance.

Thank you. 

- Jackson