StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Internet Connection of Fibre Broadband

Honored Contributor

Re: Unstable Internet Connection of Fibre Broadband

What you mean is connect the RJ 45 directly to the ONT instead of connecting to my router. Is that what you trying to say?

That provided my wife don't need to use the wifi. But I cant do that if there more than one user need to use.

Right?

Valued Contributor

Yup. You can use this for testing whether is internet or router problem

Honored Contributor

Ok. got it Williamw. 

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Welcome Derrick

Grand Guru

If you suspect it is the router issue, after some troubleshooting, go straight to D_Link Service Centre.
They can perform the testing. Waiting for RMA will be time consuming, 'booking & allocate time' for you.

(I don't care. I go straight to them at my own time, without RMA. This consider "Walk-In".)

If they do suspect that the router has problem, they will have to do the repair.
But repair may take time & days, then ask for a replacement or loan you a router,
so as to continue surfing.

Your model should be the latest model, as i am using Dlink DIR-865L since Jan 2014.

If there is issue on certain batch of device, only the Service Centre will know, not make public.

That mean, they are inform of the certain batch require some quick fix.

The techincal term is "Recall".

Suggestion:

For both modem & router, try not to switch on & off.

Meaning, when it no longer require internet access, then switch off.

It is best to leave both modem & router ON at all times. It do not consume much power.

In this way, the access to internet is on 'live', so as to able to surf instantly.

When both modem & router are switch off and on again, it take time for the connection to get thru.

Regard

Eric.

Highlighted
New Commentator

Hi,

I was interested to see that someone else in an area close to mine had the same problem. We moved to Pasir Ris (Jalan Loyang Besar) 2 months ago and have had unstable internet connection, sometimes extremely slow, sometimes none at all. Right now, I am working with my phone's hotspot (thank you M1, can't wait to get the bill), not happy about this at all.

After hours spent on the phone trying to fix the issue following technician's instructions, we asked a Starhub technician to come and paid 57 dollars for it because "it was not a Starhub issue".

The verdict was that our router was at fault. So we bought a brand new one, and exactly the same issue is happening. So it seems to me the issue is most definitely coming from Starhub, but I'm not prepared to get another technician in and be asked for another 57 dollars!! 

Today I am changing internet service provider. We have been customers of Starhub for 9 years and are really not happy with the lack of care we received for the current issue.

CSS
Honored Contributor

I share the same sentiment.