GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited International Bandwidth?

Honored Commentator

Unlimited International Bandwidth?

In this website, http://www.starhub.com/content/broadband/homebroadband.html, it says

"Unlimited International bandwidth is now available at all times. In addition, its been enhanced to include 100Mbps Cable and all Fibre home broadband plans".

Does it mean if we subscribe to Fiber 100MBPS, we are getting 100MBPS International?

Regards
Ah Siang
3 REPLIES 3
Hub Expert

Re: Unlimited International Bandwidth?

It means there's no cap on international bandwidth and, depending on traffic to your destination site and a number of other factors (such as congestion on links not in StarHub's control), you could indeed get up to 100 mbps international.

Do keep in mind that - to the best of my knowledge - no individual site will send data at that speed, not even Akamai, Google, YouTube, Apple, etc.. What the 100mbps gives you is the ability to download (AND upload) from (and TO) multiple sites at the same time with little or no drop in speed.

Hope this helps.

- V.

My posts represent ONLY my own opinions.
Honored Commentator

So it means no more cap of 20 or 25mbps international? Then the price plan boxes need to be changed. 2 different description is very confusing.
Regards
Ah Siang
Hub Expert

I agree it's confusing.

What it's TRYING to say (and perhaps needs to be changed) is that the ASSURED international speed is x or y. The maximum can be much higher... :-)

- Varun.

My posts represent ONLY my own opinions.