cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination charges and re-contract clarifications

New Commentator

Termination charges and re-contract clarifications

Hi Starhub,

I will like to seek clarifications on the below as I was unable to obtain a definite answer when I called 1633 for really simple questions. Different CSOs gave me different answers.

For termination of fibre broadband:

1. What are all the charges and items which we are required to return, should we decide not to re-contract our MaxInfinity Platinium contract once 24 months is up? I understand there is a $32.10 disconnection fee applicable, can this be waived since we do not expect Starhub to pay us for our transportation cost to return items?

For re-contract under HomeHub 1000:
2. There is an annual handset upgrade under the HomeHub 1000 promotional plan for this Sitex 2015, are there any mobile re-contract or hidden charges?

3. Currently, I am having corporate discount rate for my mobile lines. If I sign up for HomeHub 1000, I will be eligible for Hub Club benefits. Will I still get to enjoy the multi line mobile discount despite currently enjoying corporate discount of 20% on my mobile lines? Also, will this six-tiered mobile discount be applicable for all 24 months if I re-contract? I see from starhub FAQ that it is till 31 Dec 2015.

3 REPLIES 3
Grand Guru

Re: Termination charges and re-contract clarifications

Do write your details to the link, for assistance.
http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery

Ask an account related question.

-------------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Respected Advocate

For termination of fibre broadband:

1. What are all the charges and items which we are required to return, should we decide not to re-contract our MaxInfinity Platinium contract once 24 months is up? I understand there is a $32.10 disconnection fee applicable, can this be waived since we do not expect Starhub to pay us for our transportation cost to return items?

### You will be required to return these: 1 x Modem and 1 x Fibre Optic cable (Yellow cable which link the  Fibre termination point to your modem.

### $32.10 will not be waived since its charge by NLT to Starhub. 

For re-contract under HomeHub 1000:
2. There is an annual handset upgrade under the HomeHub 1000 promotional plan for this Sitex 2015, are there any mobile re-contract or hidden charges?

### There will be only an early recontract fees if I'm not wrong. Usually customer required to pay an addtional $300 for early recontract. But being on HomeHub 1000 brings you automatically into Hub Club Member which they will waive $200 for the early recontract. Thus customer are only require to pay addtional $100.

3. Currently, I am having corporate discount rate for my mobile lines. If I sign up for HomeHub 1000, I will be eligible for Hub Club benefits. Will I still get to enjoy the multi line mobile discount despite currently enjoying corporate discount of 20% on my mobile lines? Also, will this six-tiered mobile discount be applicable for all 24 months if I re-contract? I see from starhub FAQ that it is till 31 Dec 2015.

### You can only choose either one, meaning either you take up the corporate discount OR you choose for the multi line mobile discount.

“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.”
—Agatha Christie
Grand Guru

@SLSL  wrote

I will like to seek clarifications on the below as I was unable to obtain a definite answer when I called 1633 for really simple questions. Different CSOs gave me different answers.

This depend on your question to each CSO.

CSO jobs including many different type of Services &or other unrelated matter.

Each day, they have a number of calls to answer & provide the nec info, as each caller question is not the same.

As what @SuperDog mentioned, it is correct.

Add on:

1.  Termination charges, link (depend on which plan you sign up &or contract)

http://www.starhub.com/about-us/legal-notices-and-terms/terms-and-conditions/consumer/home-broadband...

2.  The hubber "Annual Handset Upgrade" is to follow & continue from your existing contract, if any.

Note:  

If your terminate the existing contract, you cannot sign up a new contract immediately.

There is a window period (i think is 3 months) before you can sign up again.

As for the hubber benefit, for "Annual Handset Upgrade", there is also a window period in order to enjoy this benefit, for the new sign up., after terminated the previous contract.

This is why that each CSO will give you each a different answers, as they do not have all relevant info provided, in order to answer your queries.

----------------------------------------

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.