Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporaily suspension of home hub services

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Temporaily suspension of home hub services

Hi

Hope SH can help me with this issue I'm facing now.

I'm current susbcribed to homehub. My contract is only due mid next year. However I've sold my house and will be moving to a temporaily location by sep this year till my new flat is ready, which will be ard 2nd quater next year.

I'm not able to have the service transferred to the temp location. Can starhub grant me a temporaily suspension of my account from september onwards till I move to my new house?

I've always preferred Starhub to other telcos as I'm very satisfied with the level of service provided and would want to stay on with SH even after I move to my new premise.

Hope that Starhub can help me with this situation.

Thank you.

Regards

Allen

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Temporaily suspension of home hub services

Dropped you a PM, @Allen06.

Will help you to escalate your concerns to the support team. Smiley Wink

Some of my posts on this community site are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

you are on cable broadband or fibre broadband? If you are on fibre broadband, might be more troublesome.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks Nick

I've sent you a PM.

Really hope that Starhub can approve my genuine request.
This will show that Starhub is appreciative and understanding towards their loyal customers and will definitely win my support for the many years to come.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Fibre..

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Do you still need internet while staying at temp flat.

If you do not require to access internet, during that period, then Starhub should accept your request.

If you do need internet access, maybe Starhub could assist you to swap fibre to cable.

For cable, it is quite simple as many household do have cable point.

Then maybe Starhub could loan you a cable modem during that period. Router may not be necessary.

It is your decision, and hopefully Starhub could accept your decision.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do not need Internet access at the temp location.

I recieved an email stating that they can only allow 2 month suspension of the service...which is far from sufficient for my case..

I'm disappointed. That they just gave me the standard reply without even considering the period (I'm a sh customer since the day they started) I've been with them and the number of services I've been subscribed with them.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Will you be able to provide them with supporting documents that you will only be able to move to your new place by Q2 next year? Maybe this can help to appeal. They also need supporting document to help facilitate the exception handling.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

i can supply them with that. But they did not even ask for that.
They did not even bother to appeal. They just flatly replied with a generic email reply.

simply put. They wanted me to just pay the monthly fees, even though I won't be able to use the services.
Highlighted
Grand Guru

btw;  How long is your contract for this services.

That is a standard reply.

For mobile, their reply is 30 days max, and  after that period, they  consider as Termination of Contract.

This is what they reply when i want to temp suspension.