Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub fibre with Apple Time capsule

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

Starhub fibre with Apple Time capsule

Hi,

I having internet problems on wifi on my iMac and iphone. Can connect my TC router but can't surf at all. Did a direct connection to the nucleus, no problem at all. 

I unplug the cable from TC and off the nucleus & TC. Waited for a few mins, turn on nucleus and waited until the green lights are solid. Turn on TC without ethernet cable plug in. Once TC showing low blinkering orange light, plug in ethernet cable to TC. 

Can surf for a while after that connection is down again despite wifi showing full connections.

Need help here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Starhub fibre with Apple Time capsule

Point your DNS to google public DNS which is 8.8.8.8 (Primary) and 8.8.4.4 (Secondary) and reboot your TC.

4 REPLIES
Veteran

Don't know much about TC but did you launch the Airport Utility to check on the blinking amber status?

The wifi shows full connection status is because that is the connection between your device (phone/laptop) to the TC.  The problem is most probably between the TC out to the internet.

Trusted Contributor

Hi ,

You may wish to check with Starhub had the fibre open the connections for any 3rd party router or only Starhub router.

The apple router time escalep must have green light and you can use any apple devices such as Iphone or Ipad using Wifi connection , you will see the your apple router and click on new connections.

If there a need download air port software in your mobile or PC too.

All remark/posts are unofficial and may personal opinions which does not represent the positions and opinions of anyone directly or indirectly.
Honored Contributor
Solution

Point your DNS to google public DNS which is 8.8.8.8 (Primary) and 8.8.4.4 (Secondary) and reboot your TC.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone. SH fibre is ok for now.