GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starhub charged extra for redundant cable broadband

Valued Commentator

Starhub charged extra for redundant cable broadband

I called Starhub regarding their modem issue and their technician was also enquiring why my house uses both Fibre and Cable broadband. Apparently 2 years back they sent a letter saying it is compulsory to 'boost' my internet speed and I have to sign up for fibre broadband. In the past I only had one cable broadband in the room upstairs and I used a network adapter to tap into the wifi upstairs. The technician came to my house and told my mother she needs both dual and cable broadband - one for upstairs and one for downstairs.

And only yesterday, over the servicing of modem did I discover that this is totally untrue! Starhub is making me pay extra for this cable broadband which is going to be redundant soon! So while everyone is paying $29.90 for 500mbps for fibre broadband, I am paying $39 for 500bmps. Extra $10 for this 'cable broadband' when I already have got fibre broadband. 

So for the past 2 years we have been paying more for a redudant service! For some reason, the technician who came to my house 2 years ago to fix my fibre broadband, did not bother to create an access point downstairs and still gave wrong information saying I need BOTH for my internet to work. I don't stay in a big landed house and my home area isn't big. 

I called 1630 and all the CSO can do is to insist the technician did not give the wrong information to my mother. But yet she also does not know why I need both fibre and cable in my house. Yes, that is exactly what I want to know too! Starhub why are you charging me for cable when I don't need it since I already have fibre?! And what did your technician do to my access point? Until I can only get fibre access upstairs and just a few steps away I can't access the internet?!  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Starhub charged extra for redundant cable broadband

Hi Tingtingz, allow us to check on this. Please provide us with your full name, mobile number, hub ID/email address to check via https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq   

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Valued Commentator

Hi Debbie, 

I have yet to hear back from the 'relevant team'. Previously, we were advised to get an additional 'cable broadband' (downstairs) on top of Fibre broadband (located upstairs) so as to access internet from downstairs. This is total misrepresentation. The technician could have just created a data point downstairs to tap into the fibre upstairs. And instead of doing that, he advised us to get an additional 'cable broadband'. We would like to get a refund from paying for this extra 'cable broadband'. 

Community Manager

I have replied to your PM. 

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is