GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StarHub, Review your Port Blocking Policy!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: StarHub, Review your Port Blocking Policy!

@Qwerty wrote:
I have 19 likes there now

*hehe*

Can I appeal to all fellow users to support our petition to lift up the Port Blocking Restrictions by liking Qwerty's Idea Exchange post?

Your likes will be valued and would assist in enlighting StarHub's Management Team to quickly review our request with no further delays. Thank you @Qwerty for submitting this into StarHub's Idea Exchange.

We are now 26 likes and counting!

Highlighted
Administrator

Cheers people,

This has already been floated up just that this formal escalation will help us go further (and hopefully faster!)

We'll keep you guys informed!

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

It seems that some work has been done to implement the policy change. My port 80 is free now (in the Kallang area).

Thank you for listening to the voice of your customers Starhub. People in forums were doubtful that any attention would be given to such a policy change but you proved them wrong.

Thanks to all the community managers, Starhub officers and especially threadstarter for making this a reality. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, this is observed at my end too. FYI, I'm in the Braddell area.

Hopefully, this lift will be permanent as StarHub have once "accidentally
lifted" their Port 80 in early 2013. They have re-blocked the port in late
2013 ever since being made aware of that issue.

YS

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Mine too.. i really regret signing up with StarHub. I am under StarHub fibre 100mbps.. i m sure this is my last contract with starhub if they choose to stick to their fark up policy
Highlighted
Hub Master

Hi @shawn_tan

Let me clarify that we are not blocking the ports for our MaxInfinity (fibre) broadband plan.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kai boon,
Thanks for your reply...
I have 2 maxonline plan under my name; 1 is starhub cable maxonline 25mbps and another is starhub fibre 100mbps..
I got problem connecting to my NAS using my FIBRE 100mbps..
I brought my NAS to my parents home whom is under CABLE MAXONLINE 24MBPS and it is running great!
So I don't think the issue is my NAS configuration.. I do not have any firewall in place..
Would it be possible to escalate to your colleague whom can help me?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

and also before i upgraded to Starhub Fibre 100mbps, i had the same maxonline plan with my parents which is cable 16mbps maxonline broadband..

I had no problem connecting to my NAS when i am using CABLE previously..

The problem is definitely after changing to Fibre broadband...

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

I have been closely following this thread and I am very delighted to hear this development. Big thanks to the moderators who served as a medium to get customers' voices heard.
Highlighted
New Commentator

I'm in simsville paya lebar, my port 80 is blocked, when will it be lifted?