GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StarHub, Review your Port Blocking Policy!

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Re: StarHub, Review your Port Blocking Policy!

I got an SMS last week regarding the maintenance for the fiber broadband for April 28... I had a WAN IP address of 182.xxx.xxx.xxx before.. My SIP voice calling was ok and I can access my secondary router (DLINK) that came from Starhub... After the maintenance, I cant access ports other than a selected few (like 443.. remote access. / 3389.) but my SIP voice stopped working. I had logged a case to the tech and awaiting their response. I am now in their 27.xxx.xxx.xxx network...

Please check why it is not working anymore.. Why was there more lockdown in place?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

@CookieMonster wrote:
CAN you help me, i enabled apache on my macbookpro os 10.9, previously i can access http://localhost, message say it's work. now the localhost/ is not working.

i want my macbookpro localhost working so i can install mysql and phpadmin and to do flash game.

can you help me how to solve the 403 Forbidden you don't have permission to access / on this server.

did you enable web sharing?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Howard and KaiBoon,

Appreciate your kind update on the lifting of the Port Blocking Policy and
whether Static IP will be offered to your home broadband customers.

You might be aware that the next show, PC Show 2014, will be held between
5th and 8th June 2014. If no assurance that this would be introduced in the
near future, I'll be leaving StarHub and changing providers whom offer such.

Thank you for your kind attention and I anticipate for your response.

YS

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

I just got of the phone talking to starhub support for the 3rd time today, re BLOCKING PORT 80. The first two support staff assured me that port 80 wasn't blocked, after wasting the best part of my day I finally I got an admission from the 3rd support person that indeed port 80 is blocked, & there is NO PLAN TO CHANGE THIS POLICY any time soon.

Does anyone know if the contract agreement that they signed stipulates that it is starhubs policy to block port 80? If not it would seem that such an ommision may amount to a breach of contract.

Certainly I will be bailing ship to go to a telco that doesn't have such draconian port blocking policies.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

BUMP! Awaiting for a StarHub's rep update!

Highlighted
Hub Master

Currently there is no further update on this. Once there is more infomation, we will keep you all informed.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Administrator

Hi all,

Please give us some time.

The regular frontline customer service team does not have this information as I am operating from my level up for the appeal to remove port blocking.

I'm pretty sure I'm making some progress but this old policy needs time to plan and change when approved. Unlike our home router where we can simply change a setting and reboot, a country-wide change will not be so easy.

Stay tuned ok.

Thanks.

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Advocate

For what it's worth to everyone waiting for Starhub to unblock port 80, you can just use VPN Smiley Happy and it will be visible from the internet.

http://clip2net.com/s/ibq0hj

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I'm really glad to see that effort is being put in to resolve this issue.

I've been a loyal hubber since 2001. I have two friends who were ex-hubbers who recently jumped ships to two different ISPs that I cannot mention here just to gain access to their port 80.

Honestly I'm really tempted to switch over, but I just want to stick around for a couple of months till my contract ends to see if something changes.

Keeping fingers crossed Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Syraxius you sure otehr telco will not block?