StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed on new Linksys EA7500-AH v2

New Commentator

Slow speed on new Linksys EA7500-AH v2

My home using Starhub Home 1Gps Fibre broadband start on January 2018. My few samsung mobile phone have issue with starhub linksys EA7500-AH V2 router.

The issue is I can't use these app etc NBA, Flipboard, OTH, eatigo, it look like restrictive condition with these app. For Apple mobile and iPad, there is no any issue for using those app.

Firstly, I am thinking is samsung phone problem, so I test all samsung mobile phone at public or work area wifi,there is no issue for using those app. So the problem return back to the router for android users.

I am testing the Wifi security type to WPA2 personal or WPA2/ WPA Mixed personal, there can't to fix the problem.

What can I do?  

11 REPLIES
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Slow speed on new Linksys EA7500-AH v2

Hey inn62, does restarting your modem/ONT and router help at all?

Esteemed Commentator

Hi
I am still experiencing slowness using Linksys EA7500 since I have moved to Fiber Optic since last August. I had logged in a call with Starhub and was then redirected to Linksys Team and was asked to perform a firmware update to v2. Done all those and on a weekly basis do switch off and on all the connections with Starhub Modem and the router. Still no improvement at all!
Any feedback is much appreciated. Still got another 11 months for a recontract Smiley Sad
Thanks in advance
Community Manager

Hi Szaman, we will advise you to restart the ONT device and router to see if the issue persist. 

Do provide us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you. 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Lim

While sending the PM i am getting this errior:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• One or more of these members do not have private messages enabled. Their names have been removed from the Send to list.

the highlight is on your id

Please advise

Community Manager

Hi szaman19

You can provide the above by clicking on the words between the arrows here > via Private Message <.

Hope this clarifies. Smiley Happy 

- Jackson
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Jackson,

Thanks for your reply.

Whenever there is a password change; wihich is a monthly change that i perform, we normally do delete the existing wifi connection and reconnect.

I also perform a hard reset on both the ONT device and router on a monthly basis, doing this the wifi connection gives stable connectivity for a while and then drops. I normally need to connect and disconnect between 2.4 and 5 whenever there is a drop.

Regards

Zaman

Grand Guru

@szaman19 wrote:

Hi Jackson,

Thanks for your reply.

Whenever there is a password change; wihich is a monthly change that i perform, we normally do delete the existing wifi connection and reconnect.

I also perform a hard reset on both the ONT device and router on a monthly basis, doing this the wifi connection gives stable connectivity for a while and then drops. I normally need to connect and disconnect between 2.4 and 5 whenever there is a drop.

Regards

Zaman

Your issue would be likely cause by intermittent connection and may cause wifi connection unstable.

This is due to the fact you did HARD RESET the Router which may cause multiple IP Addresses.

There is no need to do hard reset unless it is necessary and only do change password &or SSID whenever you want to.

When hard reset the router it would cause the original IP Address to be erased & new IP issued and this is where multiple IP causes intermittent connection even on wired connection.

In this case should you want to hard reset the router it is best to contact 1633 direct to Broadband Tech support line to refresh/reset your IP Address, as they can see your connection at their end.

Although you can do hard reset router and there is proper procedure to avoid multiple IP issues.

Do note that if on current IP you do not face any issue it is best to retain it.

Alternately by power off and on the router would do the job instead on hard/factory reset the router.

Note that router would retain the IP and once hard reset this IP will be erased along with other settings; and required a new IP to be push from ISP server to ONT to Router, according to procedure.

If you want to understand better on this refer to wiki on "PON network", for your info.

i am not starhub staff.

Community Manager

I've submitted your request for a technical callback. Due to high volumes, there may be a longer waiting time involved. We appreciate your patience in this interim.

- Amy

- Amy
Esteemed Commentator

Hi Eric

Good day and my sincere apologies for not using the correct word for "HARD RESET"; i just do a power off and on, wait for all the LED lights to go stable and then power on the router. 

Apologies once again and thanks for your valuable feedback and reply Smiley Happy

Regards

Zaman