cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow network speed using 1000Mbps Fibre broadband

Valued Commentator

Slow network speed using 1000Mbps Fibre broadband

speedtest.png

Recently, I am starting to work from home and noticed that the network speed is extremely slow. My family is subscribed to 1000Mbps. I have already restarted the router and ONT, and this is the speed test results I am getting from my laptop.

Even after I disconnect other devices connected to the same wifi connection, the improvement is just merely about 5Mbps. 

When I test using http://broadbandspeedtest.starhub.com/, this is the result I am getting when only 1 device is connected to the Wi-Fi. 

Testing Time:22:30 18 Feb 2020
Ping 3 ms
Download 68.94 Mbps
Upload 80.33 Mbps

Appreciate it if someone could assist/advise to rectify the slow network speed.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Slow network speed using 1000Mbps Fibre broadband

Hi @jfennn, I'm sorry that you're having slow network speed. Aside from restarting your ONT, have you tested your connection using a LAN cable to your laptop? Additionally, please also try to move your wireless router location and antenna positioning. 

~ Carla
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

I don't have a LAN cable adapter to test with my laptop currently.

I tried standing right beside the router, but there isn't any difference, network speed is as slow.

Highlighted

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. In this case, I highly suggest that you reach out to our Customer Care Support team on Facebook or Twitter to identify if this is a router issue or something else. 

~ Carla