GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet speed ever on 1gbps fibre broadband.

Respected Commentator

Slow internet speed ever on 1gbps fibre broadband.

Lousy Internet.pngI'm sure we didn't sign up for this lousy internet speed by paying $40 per month. As you can see the internet speed is not even 100mbps since day 1. For your information, we use the modem and router provided by you and yet we still get this kind of speed standing beside the router. I've tried resetting both modem and route but to no avail.

10 REPLIES 10
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Slow internet speed ever on 1gbps fibre broadband.

Hi ethanong89, thank you for reaching out. Please send me a PM with the subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, mobile and email. Let me assist you. 

Zie
Valued Commentator

I am having the exact same issue, paying for 1Gbps and my speed is barely 10mbps. This is frustrating. Is there something wrong from SH side or ours ?
Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ Zie

Are you experiencing the speed issues via WiFi or via a LAN cable connection to your laptop/computer?

Please send me your full name, NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and email via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy
Respected Advisor

Hi, I also getting such low speed. I should have read before I sign up. U know, before I sign up 1 Gb I was on their 200 MHZ speed. It is a dual package. I connect my desktop with the cable modem which is just beside my PC but it can only connect at 100 Mhz whereas My fiber is 200 Mhz. Since speedtest.com.sg shows if I connect by Wifi I get 200 Mhz upon 200 Mhz. So I stop using the cable. Starhub even upgrade me free from 200 to 500 Mhz plan and My contract ends. 

Then crazy I one day thought to jump in with other and call to sign up 1 gb thinking with just few extra dollar my speed will at least double. I am not asking for 1000MHZ but I expect at least 60 to 70% of Wifi and 90% of wired by lan cable.

Shockingly I never saw 200 Mhz again. Best was about 160 for download and 300 for upload. And once only. Rest always at 100 upon 200. Already quarrel with tech manager  till hypertension give me headache. How other can get 935.36 Mhz using starhub speedtest? 

can someone help me. how i can at least get 60% on wifi on 1 Gb? at least. WIFI!!! Not Lan!!!

Respected Advisor

show my picture. Screenshot_20180203-123227.png20180201_143433 (1).jpg

Respected Advisor

Strange;. who is that starhub staff who called me say want get back to me but vanish. Is he checking with the tech side or sales side? is he from sales side or tech side? what's going on?

New Commentator

Please share what is done to resolve the speed issue.

I had moved from M1 to Starhub, both on 1GB.  My new starhub is using a faster router but the speed is so much slower most of the time compared to what i had experienced with M1 which was much faster and had performed consistently. 

Please share with the community how to fix this. I am now stuck with this slower subscription for 2 years. 

Community Manager

Hi ace260, thanks for contacting us. As this requires us to refer to your account details, we are unable to assist you here on StarHub Community. Please direct your query over to Facebook messenger  (http://m.me/starhub) or Twitter Direct Message (https://twitter.com/StarHubCares) so that we can log a case for you and respond to you there. Thank you!

Respected Advisor

Hi,
Sorry to hear about it. ACtually... My speed never increase. Just that I try so much till I give up after 6 months of constant complain and cursing. Now as long my internet don't disconnect I am happy. Also, I use my old dlink modem as it felt faster... Not sure if so. I am on 200 Mb but after upgrade to 1 Gb, it is still 200 Mb and below. According to them, 1 Gb is that if example 5 people using, 1 Gb will be divided by 5. If 200 mb divided by 5 users, it will be much slower. I can't test it as I am the only user at home. So ... Hate it . Eat it. Endure.. 

Sighing all the way..