Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow connection.

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Slow connection.

Hi

I am experiencing slow connections. 

Lag and spikes in games. (due to connection)

I've attached an image on my speed test.

Please help.Untitled.png

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Re: Slow connection.

Still not getting a reply.

Anyways I did a check and realise that my connection is dropping packets.

Starhub can you please do something about this asap?!

Untitled.png

Highlighted
Hub Master

Hey RichieCWS

Can you help me with something?

Please perform wired connection to your Home Gateway and perform 3x bandwidth tests on http://broadbandspeedtest.starhub.com/speedtest. Please provide us with screenshots of the results.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Hi , i would like to agree that im receiving a slow connection and lag spikes in games , and certain games when haVen even begin i have already disconnected . Starhub please help thanks

Highlighted
Hub Master

Hey Delwin

Are you on wired or wireless connection?

Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Sometimes it's ok sometimes it's really bad.

Here's the 3 screenshot when it's bad.

I had to reload the speedtest a few times because it took too long and the speed was like dropping steadily and slowly all the way. 

I even had trouble trying to upload these screenshots.

1.png2.png3.png

Highlighted
Hub Master

Hey RichieCWS

I need more information from you.

What plan are you using and are the tests done on wired connection to the Home Gateway?

Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
New Commentator

Our connection is far worse. This test pic was from 11:33 pm today (Tue 22/1/2013):

wtf 2013-01-22 23-33.png

^ This is on Wifi using the D-link DVG-N5402SP router. Our plan is MaxInfinity Ultimate.

We had this same problem yesterday, so we called Starhub for tech support. The technician recommended switching off the modem then switching it on again, saying that the problem was caused by the modem hanging. We followed the instructions, and the connection came back to life for about 2 hours (but even when it's "working", the speeds are still less than the "assured" 15 Mbps... it's around 6-8 Mbps). Then gradually, the connection died again.

I just switched our modem off and on again, and now the speed is around 7 Mbps. Let's see how much time it will be before the connection dies again.

When I tried to ping www.google.com on command prompt, the requests time out 50% of the time. I think that explains why I often have to try 2 or 3 times before I can load a webpage. Even when it does load, the browser gets stuck for some time at sending request before the webpage loads.

It's only been 4 days since we switched from MaxOnline to MaxInfinity. On Sunday the entire connection died and we were told by Starhub that it was an island-wide problem. Yesterday Starhub texted us to say the problem was "fixed", but our connection was still terrible.

If these problems continue, we will complain to IDA and request to have our contract nullified and to be refunded the set-up fees.

Highlighted
Hub Master

Hey Majestas

Please perform the tests on wired connection.

Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Kaiboon I'm on wireless connection.