Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow and/or Intermittent Connection at times

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Slow and/or Intermittent Connection at times

Hello!

I'm currently on 1GBps homehub fibre broadband.

I experienced slow and/or intermittent connection at times at night, especially on friday night 11pm - 2am, after which my connection will be back to normal. I have already tried rebooting both the router and optical network box but it doesnt improve.

I read from somewhere that Starhub can optimise the routes to the gaming server for less lag or something? so i'm enquiring here. The game that i'm playing is Elder Scrolls Online, can Starhub optimise my routes for me?

and is there anything i can do to improve my connection at night after 11pm? especially on friday. I cant even load youtube videos properly last night

Thanks so much for any help that can be rendered.

Appreciate it Smiley Sad

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Genius

Re: Slow and/or Intermittent Connection at times

Hi Plshelpme, are you still experiencing the issue? Do restart your modem/ONT and router separately to refresh network connection to see if it helps? If not, please send me a private massage with your name, NRIC/FIN, contact number and email address so that I can get in touch and assist you further. Thank you

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

connection was really bad tonight, i keep getting disconnected from the game and the ping shot up to more than 1k every now and then.

it's so frustrating, why is our network so lousy? constantly having problems like SMRT?

ill try to restart them separately to see if it helps
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

If it doesn't help, can you PM me the details Josephine's requested? I can have the tech guys assist with this matter.

- Sal