cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow & Laggy Fibre Broadband

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

Slow & Laggy Fibre Broadband

Hi, I just moved house & shifted my 1Gbps Fibre Broadband to my new house. However, the download & upload speed is terribly slow & there is a lot of lag when streaming video (Toogle, Youtube, Netflix) compared to my old house. As usual, have rebooted the modem & router. No use at all. I tried to perform a speed test at Starhub’s website but always encounter the following error even though I’m already login. Really Frustrating. https://www.starhub.com/personal/support/device-trouble-shooting/broadband/perform-speed-test.html > Error This page is for MaxOnline/MaxInfinity customers only. If you are not a customer, please sign up for a StarHub Home Broadband plan < So I went to speedtest.sg to perform a test & it’s painfully slow (92 Mbps local download & 72 Mbps local upload). Downloading the 1000MB test file took more than 2 mins. I suspect that the settings at Starhub’s backend is wrong as I did not encounter such problems at my old house. Can anyone check? Thanks. Happy Days, Weng Cheong
3 REPLIES
Respected Commentator

Re: Slow & Laggy Fibre Broadband

Hi,

I just moved house & shifted my 1Gbps Fibre Broadband to my new house.

However, the download & upload speed is terribly slow & there is a lot of lag when streaming video (Toogle, Youtube, Netflix) compared to my old house.

As usual, have rebooted the modem & router. No use at all.

I tried to perform a speed test at Starhub’s website but always encounter the following error even though I’m already login. Really Frustrating.

https://www.starhub.com/personal/support/device-trouble-shooting/broadband/perform-speed-test.html

-->

Error

This page is for MaxOnline/MaxInfinity customers only. 

If you are not a customer, please sign up for a StarHub Home Broadband plan

<--

So I went to speedtest.sg to perform a test & it’s painfully slow (92 Mbps local download & 72 Mbps local upload).

Downloading the 1000MB test file took more than 2 mins.

I suspect that the settings at Starhub’s backend is wrong as I did not encounter such problems at my old house.

Can anyone check?

Thanks.

Happy Days,

Weng Cheong

Community Manager

Re: Slow &amp; Laggy Fibre Broadband

Hi Weng Cheong

Have you tried some of the troubleshooting steps at www.starhub.com/personal/how-to/how-to-improve-your-home-fibre-broadband-wifi.html?icid=int-31B-Star... to see if this works for you?

If this doesn't work, please reply with your registered name, service address and Hub ID / email address for verification via our Facebook PM at http://m.me/starhub so we can assist you. 

- Amy
Respected Commentator

Re: Slow &amp; Laggy Fibre Broadband

Hi Amy,

Have tried out the steps but it doesn't help.

My devices connecting to WIFI are in direct line of sight & within 2m of the router.

Have sent my details via PM, please help look into it. thks.