Slow Connection after upgrading to 1gbps fibre plan

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Slow Connection after upgrading to 1gbps fibre plan

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Re: Slow Connection after upgrading to 1gbps fibre plan

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-17 at 2.09.33 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-17 at 2.03.21 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-17 at 2.06.23 PM.jpegAfter upgrading my internet speed is very slow if not there is no connection.

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi gloria

Do test the connection using a LAN cable to your laptop/PC at www.starhub.com/personal/support/device-trouble-shooting/broadband/perform-speed-test.html to see if the issue recurs.

If it does recur, please contact our Technical team directly at 1633 when you’re at home so they can see how to best assist you. 

- Amy
Highlighted
New Commentator

I have been facing this problem for the last few days in the evenings and I test the speed by connecting the laptop to the modem. Using Starhub's own speed test around 9 pm for the last few days i too am getting speeds of less than 100 MB. It seems its a capacity/infrastructure issue!

Highlighted
Community Manager

We will advise you to restart the ONT device and router to see if the issue persist. 

If you continue to experience difficulties, please call our 24 hour technical helpdesk at 1633 when you’re at home to facilitate troubleshooting on the technical issue.

Thank you 

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

@Jere_Lim  just in case you can't see what I mean, here's another example of slow connection after upgrading. Still getting mediocre copy and paste standard customer service reply

thank you, enough said.

Ref: https://community.starhub.com/t5/Fibre-BroadBand/Slow-Connection-on-my-1gbps-fibre-plan-starting-fro...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Sandcd, I have replied to your other post. 

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is