StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should my Fibre Broadband relocation service fee $120 be waived? A ridiculous story about StarHub.

Highlighted
Esteemed Commentator

Should my Fibre Broadband relocation service fee $120 be waived? A ridiculous story about StarHub.

Dear friends,

I'd like to share a really ridiculous/funny story with you about Starhub, and please feel free to judge and comment.

Recently, I m

oved my address and went to StarHub for changing Fibroadband address. They told me to make a call to 1633 to handle it.

Later on, I called and got a SMS telling me the arranged date with a Relocation Service Fee $120, and also telling if I cancel the relocation they will charge me $235.40. This is really a ridiculous SMS with unreasonable logic inside. Accepting the service will charge 120, cancelling the service will charge double price??? Also note please, my new address is Fibre covered already, they only need to open the signal, no need any new device.

Further more, they never told me the cancellation will need a charge, and not told me the price. If they put 1M dollars as the cancellation fee, the consumers will also have to accept? 

Then I called their hotline to check my Fibre contract status with StarHub and got the info that there is no existing valid contract with them. I realized that my Fibre contract with StartHub has expired for months already!!! But I still continually got their bill monthly recently, and no any phone call or letter to remind me on the expiration status of the Contract.

Since the contract has expired, that means I can terminate their Fibre service in old address without panalty, and subscripe new contract for new address with Starhub or other Fibre Service providers without any relocation service fee and also enjoy new free Fibre equipments with promotion of free broadband service usage for many months.

With so obvious facts, Starhub just overlooked them and relocated the Fibre service for me to charge me $120 and prevented me from cancelling the relocation arrangement with charge of $235.4.

I called the StartHub Hotline again to explain and request a waive of the Relocation service change, but their staff insisted on the charge and told me they can do nothing more...

The fact is, by right, I'm supposed to enjoy new Fibre service, new Fibre service equipment, free Fibre services for months without paying any additional fees except the normal subsription fees. Now, I'm changed with $120 relocation service fee, still using old fibre service equipments without any promotion benefits due to StarHub's unprofessional job and unreasonable/unfair policies.

THIS IS RIDICIOUS, UNREASONALBE, UNFAIR AND FNNY!!!

I just can't imagine a big telcom as StarHub can behave like that to treat a long term customer? And also wonder: Has this funny story been happening to other Singaporean for many years already? Can Singaporean really bear on this unreasonable/unfair behavior all the way?

Cheers and Happy new year!

3 REPLIES 3
Esteemed Commentator

Re: Should my Fibre Broadband relocation service fee $120 be waived? A ridiculous story about StarHu

Please note, I even don't have the existing valid Service Contract with StarHub, what service are they relocating for me?

they just wanted to charge customers.

Esteemed Commentator

Re: Should my Fibre Broadband relocation service fee $120 be waived? A ridiculous story about StarHu

Hi Lyn, 

I have sent the PM as you required last Wednesday (9 Jan), but I didn't get any futher response till now.

Can you please look into it?

Community Manager

We've replied you via another post.