GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam tactic by Starhub staff! Delay installation to charge me expensive old plans for Internet n TV!

Esteemed Commentator

Scam tactic by Starhub staff! Delay installation to charge me expensive old plans for Internet n TV!

Hi, i am super disappointed in the efficiency of the 1633 starhub customer service hotline staffs. I have been calling 1633 for the past week to resolve the issues that i am currently facing. The staffs always promised me a callback but i have received none. This is a matter of utmost urgency but none of the hotline staffs seems to be willing to provide me with any assistance.

Let me explain the issues that i am facing.

1) On the 2nd April, I called Starhub hotline to convert my old cable tv subscription ($100+ per month, without contract)  to 24 months contract of the new Fibre TV entertainment pass ($29.90 per month). I also requested for 2 fibre set top boxes and 2 data point installation from the sale team. He promised to arrange for the 2 data points and 2 fibre tv installation to be done on the 5th April 2 to 6pm.

2) On the 3rd April, I went to the Westgate Starhub branch to convert my existing dual broadband plan to the 1gbps Fibre broadband + Go Streaming box bundle.This bundle comes with 24 months free Go Family and 6 months free Go Select subscription. I took home the free router and Go Streaming box but this service is not converted yet because the above (point 1) tv service is still pending.

3) On the 5th April, i took a day off and waited till 6pm but the data points installer did not turn up as scheduled. The Fibre TV installer turned up but he could only installed 1 Fibre TV set top box. The Fibre TV installer could not pass me the other set top box because the data point was not installed for him to set up the other set top box. He asked me to call 1633 to check. The hotline staffs insisted that i did not have an appointment for data point to be installed. I was angry and call many Starhub hotline department and was finally able to get the same sale guy. He apologized that the data point installer did not turn up. He then arranged the data points to be installed on the 9th April 2 to 4pm and the other TV set top box to be installed on the same day 9th April 4 to 6pm.

4)On the 9th April, I took another day off and waited for both the Fibre TV installer and the data point installer. The data point  installer turned up and completed the installation. However, the Fibre TV installer did not turn up. I was frustated and called 1633 for assistance. This time, they insisted that i did not have any Fibre TV installation scheduled for today! 2 missed appointment on 2 different days! Since the TV installer did not turn up, Starhub is still charging me under the old tv plan with no contract ($100+ per month) and not the new 29.90 entertainment pass plan. I have already requested for the old plan to be ceased and shouldnt be paying for it! Also, no one has booked me another appointment for the TV installer to install the other set top box. This means that i have to pay indefinitely under the old TV plan!

5)My new starhub 1gbps fibre broadband + go streaming box also couldnt be activated because of the above pending issue. This means that i am still charged indefinitely for the old broadband at a more expensive rate because of Starhub own fault!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Relationship Manager

Hi Gametaku, so sorry for the inconvenience caused, please send me your registered name, service address, mobile number and Hub ID via private message https://community.starhub.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/242. We'll investigate and provide an update as soon as possible. Thank you 

-Jolene  

Esteemed Commentator

Re: Scam tactic by Starhub staff! Delay installation to charge me expensive old plans for Internet n

Hi Jolene_L 

I have already sent a pm last night but did not receive a reply yet. Hope you can look into it. Thanks. 

Esteemed Commentator

Re: Scam tactic by Starhub staff! Delay installation to charge me expensive old plans for Internet n

Called 1633/1630 hotline thrice on April 9th 6pm to ask why did the fibre TV installer not turn up. I was again requested to wait for a call back within 24hr from the relevant department. Waited for 24 hr and as expected, Starhub did not call me back. This is like the 10th or countless time Starhub promised to call me back but did not fulfil the promise. 

Community Manager

I have replied to your PM. 

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is