cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STARHUB RESPONSE PLS? Countering MyRepublic $50 a month for 1 gig spped offer

Honored Contributor

STARHUB RESPONSE PLS? Countering MyRepublic $50 a month for 1 gig spped offer

Dear Starhub,

Myrepublic is offering a product at 49.90 where you're charing over $300 for your present customers.

Do let us know what you intend to do on this matter ASAP?

I understnad MyRepublic is also offering a $200 rebate should anyone terminate their contracts with STARHUB early and sign up for this service.

This is very tempting. Though I might pay more than $200 for the termination, I end up saving hundreds every month.

I like Starhub's support and everything, but the offer is super tempting. This huge jump is speed, not only reflect what I can save, but also what STARHUB and other TELCOs are overcharging consumers for services that can be had for only 1/6 of the retail price.

Pls respond as soon as possible. Also kindly provide link to how much I'd have to pay if i terminate my fibre contract?

Many thanks!

48 REPLIES 48
Senior Advocate

Re: STARHUB RESPONSE PLS? Countering MyRepublic $50 a month for 1 gig spped offer

try them and get back to us on its latency, ping and actual user experience please Smiley Happy
_____
Xperia SP Android v4.3 rooted. Looking to upgrade to Xperia ZL soon
Honored Contributor

Re: STARHUB RESPONSE PLS? Countering MyRepublic $50 a month for 1 gig spped offer

is that Starhub's official response?

Hub Master

Hi cwlim

We do not compete on price alone. We believe we still have better hubbing proposition than our competitors as we offer consistent service experience and great bundled content across our fibre broadband plans. Like what you have mentioned, you like our support and everything, so why leave us?

Don't forget that we have StarHub Community here to interact with you, where else in Singapore can you find a service provider that offer such a channel for communication with our users. We also have helpful StarHub Community members who are always there to lend a helping hand or provide technical advices.

Nevertheless, rest assured that we will continue to monitor the market closely to ensure that we remain relevant and competitive in our broadband offering.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Home Networking Expert

I heard my republic  gives you private IP. This means you will not be able to use your IP cam or NAS over internet unless you pay extra for static IP. Just FYI.

Home Networking Expert

@rsn wrote:

I heard my republic  gives you private IP. This means you will not be able to use your IP cam or NAS over internet unless you pay extra for static IP. Just FYI.

Thought it's just a one time payment, should be minimal also la...

Hub Master

@rsn and @kon_sg

Don't leave me.......
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Home Networking Expert

No leave la. Just wait for the pricing pattern to repeat only. Haha.

Android™ Expert

But seriously the pricing is too tempting leh.. However, i have monitored the various telco's international bandwidth and MR has one of the worst for the same speed tier. But this is 1Gbps, so idk...

My current contract should end just before my 'relocation', so cannot afford to sign another contract... But the bigger problem is my fiber TP is at living room, and all comps in another room with no way to extend a LAN cable in.. so I'm stuck with 100Mbps speed regardless of what plan i sign up now... haiz... still waiting for MOCA 2.0 then can consider "jumping" Smiley Tongue