cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous Relocation Fee - Starhub Fibre

Respected Contributor

Ridiculous Relocation Fee - Starhub Fibre

Hi All,

Going to relocate to my new address next month. I'm doing early planning and found quite some surprises.

First of all, when I called service centre for total fees I have to pay, total are as below:

Relocation Fee: 107

Installation: 53.50

Activation: 32.10

Total: $192.60

I spent the last 2 hours reading all the complaints on here regarding the cost of mere relocation. I know I know, I'm gonna say the same. Hey starhub, it's a no brainer to pay for termination fee and subscribe to some other telco with free isntallation+activation etc etc (and free set of equipment which i can resell to ease the pain)

Since I'm posting here, I was just hoping can you please have a more reasonable charges for this relatocation. First of all, I will be doing all my moving of hardware, plugging in all my equipment, etc etc! Are you sure you need to charge activation fee that is more than my monthly internet bill? when you can have free activation fee during my initial contract? It's just a remote job from your office.

I have not asked about my cancellation fee, but that will be my last resolve.

And from what I understand reading posts here, it may not be possible to schedule for the activation+installation on my new address on the date desired.... can I have at least a temporary cable internet for just a couple of days?

Lastly, I have got my relocation date SET. I hope starhub service can get back to me and make this process less painful.

Much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Valued Commentator

Re: Ridiculous Relocation Fee - Starhub Fibre

I was facing the same problem during my move last year. In the end paid for my cancellation and went with another player. Ironic isn't it, they can waive your fee when you sign up but when you wanna remain their customer they charge you.

Go figure.

Highlighted
Grand Guru

When i sign up, the sales staff asked me whether i may move house within the contract period.
Also, she mentioned the cost to be $400++
As for the cost mentioned, could be the fees charge by another contractor, manning the fibre network.
Respected Contributor

Hi eric3743,

Good for you that you were informed. Anyways in my case it's an unexpected event as I'm renting room the owner decided to sell off and I will have to move out.

Wrote to starhub support 2 days ago but no response from them as well.

I guess they don't care at all.

Anyways kinda dissappointed that standard response was provided when I called in given I've been using all their services.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi ksks,

The relocation fee is actually collected on behalf of OpenNet, or rather NetLinkTrust as it is called these days. Activation fee is for the activation of your point at your new place, where our technicians will need to head to your new place to do so. Could you DM me your details?
========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is

Respected Contributor

HI WXKwa

I have PM you my details. Hope to hear from you. Thank you.
Respected Contributor

HI WXKwa

Any idea how many days will it take for someone to get back to me?

Been writing email and facebook message and called starhub since last week.

Appreciate your response.

Alumni (Retired)

Hi ksks

I have replied to your PM.
========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is