Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review of the new Linksys EA7500-AH

Highlighted
Grand Guru

Review of the new Linksys EA7500-AH

Linksys EA7500-AH

Review.

This Linksys EA7500-AH router is AC1900 MU-MIMO GIGABIT Router.
MU-MIMO is a new technology feature.

Setup & Installation.

It is a standard setup and installation as like any other router.
This router come with 3 antennas.
Once completed connected to the ONT via LAN cable to the Router WAN Port, finally power on the router.
There is one indicator light on Router top on the Linksys logo.
Once the light indicator is good, using LAN cable connect from any of the 4 Router’s LAN Ports and connect to the computer LAN port.
The computer will able to detect as New Router found, and a pop-up window to install and setup the Router begin.
Click on this pop-up window will open the default web browser and auto start the setup.
The Windows OS will have auto open a network connection to set up, which can be ignored.

The setup and installation is straight forward.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the router setup.
It is better to use the default SSID and password, which can be changed later.
This setup could take about 7 minutes which including updating the firmware at the same time.
In this way, it is good to know the latest firmware is updated and no worry on later stage.

Finally after completed the router setup, there is one last part.
This is to sign-up and install Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.
This feature is a good idea to manage all the network connections to use 2 available USB ports.
Router do have one USB 3.0 port for External Hard Disk storage as network drive.
The other USB 2.0 port is for Printer sharing.
This Linksys Smart Wi-Fi will enable to make changes to SSID(s) and password, and other tools and utilities, apps, wherever available.

My Speed test result based on Samsung Galaxy S6
Linksys EA7500-AH ~ Download: 562.96Mbps Upload: 497.72Mbps
DLink DIR-868L ~ Download: 393.23Mbps Upload: 425.30Mbps

Attached below the screenshots of the Speedtest from both Routers.

---end---

Regards
Eric.

I am not Starhub staff &or related to.

Screenshot:  Linksys EA-7500-AH

EA7500_1st-speedtest_S6.png

Screenshot:  DLink DIR-868L

868L_Speedtest.png

41 REPLIES
Respected Commentator

Re: Review of the new Linksys EA7500-AH

Hi are you able to perform a speedtest via lan connection to the router? 

Grand Guru

For Computer and Laptop;

Ensure your connection is done correctly;

TP -> ONT Port-1 -> Linksys Router -> Computer / Laptop

Speedtest using Starhub -> Starhub Local Speedtest

For connection is via Powerline, ensure the correct Powerline kit are properly connected directly to the wall power point.

TP -> ONT -> Router -> Main Powerline > wall power point =/

/= wall power point > Powerline (mostly include wireless) -> Computer / Laptop.

For Speedtest, use the above link;

For Mobile Phones and devices;

Note:  Speedtest cannot be performed by lan connection.

Ensure the Settings -> Wireless -> select the SSID, prefer 5GHz 

Download the Ookla Speedtest App and open & press  "Begin Test".

Regards.

Respected Advisor

My Speed test result based on Samsung Galaxy S6
Linksys EA7500-AH ~ Download: 562.96Mbps Upload: 497.72Mbps
DLink DIR-868L ~ Download: 393.23Mbps Upload: 425.30Mbps

Attached below the screenshots of the Speedtest from both Routers.

Wow, how to get that speed? MY S7 edge only 200 Mbps. HELP

Alumni (Retired)

Hi SkyDreamerZ, is there anything that I can assist you with? Are you facing slow broadband speeds? If so, please PM me the subscriber's name, NRIC/FIN, mobile and email address. Thank you. 

Respected Advisor

NRIC/FIN: S704xxxxx mobile 9851xxxx
Yes. I am not getting higher wifi . only now is around 200Mhz 

Alumni (Retired)

Please send me a private message here: http://m.me/starhub as this is a public forum. I've edited your post to protect your privacy. 

Respected Advisor

Hi Diane_R 

are u from Starhub tech side? If yes I already spoken to the manager Ayori who confimed my network setting etc all correct but i am getting wifi of 200 mhz despite sign up 1 gb and is checking to down grade me back to my old plan which is 200 (free upgrade to 500Mhz) , But if you can , is there really a way to check the backend on my network . Is there a switch or cabling or something not properly done?
BTW, I try to PM u but the link u gave point me to messager and BTW, just 2 weeks ago my facebook was disabled for no reasons and I was not able to enable it back . So...
But I read some also sign up 1 Gb but can get wifi of 500 Mhz and above... I just feel aching why can't mine. That's all.
Alumni (Retired)

Apologies, I passed you the wrong link. It should be this: http://bit.ly/2ucLBqK. I'm not from the tech side, but what I can do is send this to our customer service team for follow up if you would like me to. Alternatively, you may wait for Ayori to get back to you. Smiley Happy

Respected Advisor

Oh, then no need PM u . The manager already get back but he insist the network side is correct. So waiting for sales to revert back to my old plan since i am getting the same. lol
But I forgot tell the tech manager, during the the first 2 visit, starhub did interrupt my internet and i get intermittent disconnection. during then I did speedtest and once reach over 300 close to 400. i thoguht they do more i get more... but i never saw that beautiful increase again. Now i am maintain around 200mhz. 
if so if they can revert back to my old plan might as well since no different. i only have 2 device linking to wifi and forever be so. 1 Gb if base on tech side is if many users using it will be different but not for me. sigh.