StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocation of services

Honored Commentator

Re: Relocation of services

I am a disappointed customer too. Call starhub to check on the relocation fees. Total add up to $192, so expensive. Worst, I request to have my relocation done on 24 July and the customer service said they will get the technical support to call. But in the end, they only get back to me on 30 July that the relocation can only be done after 6 Aug. I asked to put on hold first, until I get back to confirm. But yesterday I received a call and told me that the relocation can be done on 6 Aug if not there will be disruption. What?!?! I seems to be force to do this relocation by this date. This is ridiculous. In the end, I told them to fix it on this coming thur. But yet they cut off my fibre yesterday night. Now I am down without internet. What kind of service is this. Don't know why starhub works this way.
Hub Master

Let me get the Customer Service Team to assist you further. Thanks.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

I just had the worst call an hour ago with your rep.

We are about to move out on the last wekk of november this year and so far, the only thing I had been doing is to know what is starhub's regulation on Fiber Services. (do take note, that I have 2 internet connection at home. 1 50MB broadband and 1 Fiber PLUS TV services and Landline for almost 4 years!!!)

I had specifically asked for this relocation thing when I upgraded my internet service from 100MB Broadband to Fiber, CLEARLY there was no statements whatsoever on the fees for relocation. For christ sake guys! you've been providing your customers for free internet activation "ALWAYS" whenever a relocation is concern for broadband internet, why should it be different with FIBER Services??!!

Right before I composed this message, I read the terms and conditions over and over and over again if it will state the $195 fee for change of address, THERE WAS NONE!!!! PERIOD!!! and your rep on the line kept on saying that there is, though it is not stated on the contract.

It is clear that there is no charges nor stated on the Acknowledgement letter that I signed that I will need to pay this relocation fee, there is even no clause that states that "there will be a a charge for change of address". 

So our question as a consumer, as a loyal customer to starhub is, why would there be such fee's to collect?

Let's say that your contractor which I dont know maybe opennet or the likes, may be charging you for it, but why it wasn't mentioned to us?

There must be atleast a warning to us, right before we sign the effin' contract!!! but nothin.. so how??? just pay the fee and get over it??? deym!

Honored Commentator

I can understand your frustration, why are we charge for relocation when it should be a service that Starhub should have provided for free, especially for customers who renew their contract.

To be frank, I faced a lot of issues with Starhub. First was the relocation date and the charges that I need to bear. Then stupidly enough during my re-contract, I didnt take the new router because the customer officer advice that I can still use my old router and I will be given 3000points which didnt come into my account at all. In the end, this old router died one week after my long awaited relocation since Aug. Afterwhich, they mentioned I will have to pay for a new router. I refused because it was Starhub customer officer that advice me this old router can still be used and why should I pay. They then mentioned about using my points to redeem a new router but the problem was i didnt receive the 3000points previously so I dont have enough points to redeem. I demand my points to be given back and they took a week or more to check and anoter week to release the points, then another two weeks to redeem the router, another week to get the Opennet to release a new modem to match with the new router. This whole thing took me from Aug till now, then it was so called completed.

It was really disappointing and frustated to go through these weeks of calling and follow up before things can be done. What's more... I realised that they also charged wrongly for bills on these few months, I had to call in to ask them to make adjustments on the fees. They also promised to make compension for these few weeks of disruption on my internet but it was never done in my bills at all.

So my advice for the people who are doing relocation. Please confirm with them all the necessary date and time that the internet can be relocated before moving over. Also ensure you check on the bills for the periods properly during relocation to avoid any unnecessary charges. When recontract, just take whatever new devices that they provide. If points are to be given, ensure you follow up on it if not you will have a hard time to get it when you want to use them by the time you need it.

Thats all the advice I can provide. Finger cross that my internet will not give me anymore issue till my contract is up.

Respected Commentator

Honestly, I am now looking at ViewQuest. I effin' hated this kind service so much that I regret getting recontracted for another 2 years!! If it is not only with my wife, personally I will not renew anymore.

I guess someone or atleast a moderator is monitoring this forums here, right? or perhaps we maybe barking on the wrong tree?

So what you gonna do starhub management? keep on giving false information on your customers and in no time, you gonna be losing a lot of good ones.

what you gonna do with this unruly relocation charges for your Fiber Services??? Jesus, $195 for relocation? much expensive than getting a new line?? come on!!!

I gonna be relocating soon, I mean, as in next month already... and it aint far! only within 200 meters away from my current address. I am so pissed with this horse sh#@ fee!

Honored Contributor

Charging is one thing that eeks me. Service is bad as well. For the past 2 weekends, SH fibre is down with no notice on their website. Luckily, my SH fibre is on free trial for 1 year. Look like I will give it up once the free trial is over. 

Management of SH please up your game. Stop charging us for all small things. Please beef up your service providers and connection of fibre.

Hub Master

Let us assist you further, please leave us your details over at http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery and the Customer Service Team will be in touch with you.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

what can this process do for me??? if i email or leave a message there, is it gonna do big difference???

Valued Commentator

hi, i am going to move soon and need help in relocating my fibre but i am not too sure whats the procedure like. Can anybody help?
New Commentator

Dear Starhub Manager,
I'm also experiencing the same thing since 20th Dec- your technician has not called back regarding my Relocation. I've made many calls to customer service, n they have sent many emails to experdite my case... but nobody has responded. This is not the right way to treat your long-term customers. My wifi is now still serving at my old place where nobody is using it, and I paid my subscription which is I'm NOT using!