GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocation of services

New Commentator

Relocation of services

I am very disappointed with the services provided by Starhub.

I’ve been waiting for the call from Starhub Customer Call centre regarding the relocation of the open net fibre over at my new house. After two weeks, which is 9 September 2013, a person finally called back and tell me the relocation procedures. I called a total of 3 times over two weeks. But all these are okay.

The person then told me to relocate the fibre internet connection cost me over $100, the person coming down to install cost $50 plus dollars, and an activation fee of $30 over dollars. This is ridiculous! A total of $192+ dollars to reactivate my internet just because I moved house? 

I asked the price of cancelling the internet connection and it costs only $150. If I signed up for Singtel open fibre everything is free, no installation costs and activation fee. Why is Starhub after service so ridiculous? This kind of service should be free isn’t it? If not it makes more sense to cancel the contract and switch over to Singtel.

Another issue is, they are not providing a overall solution for my cable tv, phone, and internet. I'm moving house, everything including billing has to change. But i have to make a call one by one, and wait for them to contact the "relevant department" to call back which takes i don't know how long. 

My family have been a loyal customer of Starhub since many years ago. My whole family phone subscription is under Starhub, Cable tv, and internet. It’s saddening to know that the service charge after service is so bad and ridiculous.

Please advise what optimal or best solution you can provide. Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

21 REPLIES 21
Home Networking Expert

Re: Relocation of services

Is your subscription still in contract? If it's not why do you even have to pay the S$150? The link below mentioned only installation charges, but there is no mention of termination, and rightfully there shouldn't be one except that you usually have to return the equipment yourself at Starhub shop.

http://www.starhub.com/content/support/broadband/termsandconditions/maxinfinityinternetaccess.html#1...
Hub Master

Hi lazzydidi

Have anyone callback to you? If no, let us assist you further.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

I was offered $139 to change the MaxInfinity service address!

Ridiculous! Starhub trying to rip consumer off!!!

Better relocate our contract to other operator! Pui!

Hub Master

Hi FcukStarhub

Let me clarify. No matter which ISP you are on. The charge of $100 for relocation is applicable. It is being billed on behalf of Nucleus Connect
Home is where the ♥ is
Valued Commentator

It's a total rip-off. There is absolutely no hardware installation involved, all the cabling connections were done by me (even otherwise this has to be resolved by your technical support team), no personnel involved for any kind of installation, and absolutely no technical assistance provided for relocation. On top of it all, your sales folks indicated that there are no charges involved for relocation to a new address (except for any hardware installation for opennet) when I took my 2 year contract. Misinformation, false promise, and now daylight looting in the name of fee. Hate your service.
Hub Master

As mentioned, it is being billed on behalf of Nucleus Connect.

I understand that from the consumer's point of view, there is no actual and manual transfer of service. However, there is backend changes to be done and Nucleus Connect is charging for this.
Home is where the ♥ is
Valued Commentator

As indicated earlier, none of this was told when your sales folks sold me the 2 year contract, even after I specifically asked about any relocation charges. Also, I don't see what back-end (should we call it high-end) technical aspects are involved which warrants close to SGD 190 as charges!!!
Highlighted
New Commentator

Sad to say, I am also another very dissapointed loyal customer with Starhub who is having issues with the Relocation Fees. Having needing to pay $192 dollars to relocate my Fibre is absolutely outrageous. Although I have to pay $250 to terminate my contract, I still feel that it is still very much worth while given the fact that I can get a higher internet speed with Starhub competitors. I am sure that Starhub should be able to work out some ways to help your customers. Come one, how often do you think your customers has to move house. 

I am still waiting for Starhub Customer Care to call me back on my issues and if they still want us to stay on with them, I am hoping that you help us with some sort of comprimise. If not, ADIOUS. 

Hub Master

Hi All

If you require any further assistance, please drop us your details over at bit.ly/StarHubQuery.

Thanks.
Home is where the ♥ is