cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redmi with starhub

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Redmi with starhub

Ya 6 days of wait still u solve day submit till day 6 still submit and still nobody solve it.
Honored Contributor

Hi bro bloodelves88..

do you log a call with dlink?

apparently dlink say they DO NOT have any problem, and say i'm the ONLY ONE with this problem..

thats why they put the blame to my phone..

Honored Contributor

hi kiddo,

they actually reply to my question... even it doesn't help..

to prove the problem is with the dlink ..

i've installed 2 AP with different brand... and the problem goes away...

nothing need to be done on my phone...

i wonder how could i get starhub to accept its their device who cause the problem..

>>Dear Kian Seng
>>Thank you for your prompt reply.
>>We would like to check are you able to surf the internet if you connect to our D-link router or only >>Facebook itself.
>>If you have have issue connecting to Facebook, we would appreciate to re-install your Facebook >>.application and try again.
>>Let us know if you continue to experience difficulties and we will assist you in any way possible.
>>.If you have any questions, please e-mail us at this address or fax in to +65 6720 5000
>>Best regards
>>Paul Queck
>StarHubCares

Honored Contributor

Hi ksgoh,

I haven't called dlink yet, I was thinking that Starhub should be my first contact since they are the ones who supply the connection and router.

From what you've said, since both Starhub and dlink are not being helpful, we can only hope that more people get Redmi phones so that more complains come in. Only then they will start taking action.

Sometimes I really wonder what these customer service guys will do if we pretend to follow all their "help", then just keep replying to say that the problem is not fixed. How long can their generic replies last?

Hub Master

I have highlighted the issue to my network team. Will keep you all updated.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Honored Contributor

Hi kaiboon. This is great..
Iets see how your network team can help

Its actually the problem with the dlink router. Im sure there r more people facing same problem. Especially starhub is offering redmi phone now..

The problems goes away after i replace my dlink router with buffalo and hp accesss point.
Hub Master

I don't think the issue is with the D-Link router as I am experiencing it on my Asus router too.
Home is where the ♥ is
Honored Contributor

Huh? Have you tried changing router ? Maybe its both dlink and asus. Coz its very fast after i change my router..
Hub Master

I don't have any spare router at home. Too poor to get a new one. haha.
Home is where the ♥ is
Honored Contributor

huh? you must be kidding... hahaha

actually any wireless router will do..

you just need to get the router or switch with the capability of tagged vlan and QoS..

as you need to setup vlan and QOs setting for third party to connect to ONT (unless you are on Direct ONT)..

i had a friend who is using the cable cisco router who have no problem with his redmi.. but his redmi have the same problem when he is using at my home... thats why i say the problem is the wireless router and NOT starhub..