cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontracted MaxInfinity 500mbps plan grossly overcharged

Esteemed Commentator

Recontracted MaxInfinity 500mbps plan grossly overcharged

Hi,

*I'm posting this publicly in here as your customer support team cannot get its act together to reply my urgent email.

I'm writing to dispute an overcharging of over $200 on my recontracted Starhub MaxInfinity 500 Mbps broadband plan for November and December 2018.

Timeline of events:
-On 29/10/2018, I recontracted my old fibre broadband plan to MaxInfinity 500 Mbps.@$29.90/month, with a one time reactivation charge of $56.71
-On 5/11/2018, I received a confirmation email from a Tay Yong Quan that my recontract is successful, and that the plan will take effect from 07 Nov 2018 (see Tay's email reply below)
-However, when i got my November bill for period (16/11/18 - 15/12/18), I was charged $180.68!
-Again when i got my December bill for period (16/12/18 - 15/01/19), I was  charged $179.76!
-If my math is correct, I should only have been charged the:
1.one-time reactivation charge of $56.71 
2.Whatever pro-rated amount under the previous plan up till 7 Nov 2018
3.And monthly recurring of $29.90 for Nov and Dec
Total: $116.51 + whatever pro-rated amount for the old plan

At most, my bills for Nov and Dec should not be beyond $150
But my bank statements were excessively charged a total of $360.44! 

I demand an immediate explanation and a refund of the excess.

This is unscrupulous behavior on Starhub's part.
If i do not receive a reply within 24 hours, i'll proceed to report Starhub and Tay Yong Quan to CASETrust.

John

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 7:22 AM StarHub Sales - CableTV and MaxOnline <sales@starhub.com> wrote:

Our Ref :  SR  1-275983668701

Dear Mr John,

We refer to your email dated on 04 Nov 2018.

First and foremost, we thank you for your interest in subscribing to Broadband services with us.

We are glad to inform you that your re-contract to MaxInfinity 500Mbps will take effect on 07 Nov 2018.

• A tiered Promotion Early Termination Charge from $428 will be levied if service is terminated within contractual period of 24 months.
  • A relocation fee of $120 will be chargeable in the event you required to relocate your MaxInfinity service to a new address within contractual period of 24 months.

We hope that the information has been useful for your reference. If you require any  clarifications, please reply to this address (sales@starhub.com).

Thank you for your interest in our services and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely, 

Tay Yong Quan 
CCS Telesales

Note:

All amount quoted in this e-mail
are with prevailing 7% GST charges. Subscription charges are  accurate at the point when the e-mail is drafted. Promotion  is valid till a date determined by StarHub. Normal billing resumes  after each promotional discount period has ended.

13 REPLIES
Esteemed Commentator

Re: Recontracted MaxInfinity 500mbps plan grossly overcharged

12 more hours left to my deadline..

Community Manager

We've received your PM, and have referred your matter to our sales team for further assistance.

Esteemed Commentator

When is your sales team contacting me? 

Esteemed Commentator

same thing happened to me ,  luckily I don't use GIRO , I'm not paying the wrong contract amount .

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Fibre-BroadBand/Wrong-Service-Agreement-Switch-from-Cable-to-Fibre/...

Esteemed Commentator

Jovenn, thanks for highlighting your plight. Its good to know I'm not the only one.

Now to further show how sneaky Starhub has become, I just tried to check my service agreement online. 

(after I saw that your screenshot of the S.A)

Surprise...my portal does not show any service agreement records at all!

And Starhub shamelessly still dares to overcharge for a plan that doesn't even exist.

If this nonsense carries on, they are going to get a PR fiasco soonSlide2.JPGSlide1.JPG

Community Manager

Hi John

I'll be assisting you via PM. Thank you. 

- Jackson
Community Manager

Hi jovenn, we've received your PM and will assist you from there. 

Community Manager

Hi jovenn, sincere apologies on this. We'll like to confirm that the contract has been updated to $19.90 / month promotion, the necessary waiver will also be done and to be reflected within 2 billing cycles. - Simon 

Esteemed Commentator

hi simonN ,

I trust you that my contract has been corrected to S$19.90/month .

I have paid S$19.90 to Starhub for the current month's bill .

https://i.imgur.com/yMt34Lz.jpg