Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontract queries

SOLVED
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Recontract queries

Hi, my Maxfinity 200Mbps contract is due in late Sept 2015. I am considering recontracting to the Ultrafast 1Gbps Fibre Broadband @ $49.90/month. Will my current digital phone line remain with the new contract? Comex 2015 will be coming soon in 3rd-6th Sept, will there be any laptop bundle promotions from Starhub?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Recontract queries

Usually phone line will remain...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Grand Guru
Solution

@Kenny_

It is better to use laptop &or pc to do speed test.

Android &or other mobile handset has speed limit, such as the speed you mentioned.

If there is a need to know the actual speed of your smartphone by;

Example: for Samsung S6  

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6-6849.php

At the "Network" and on the right side, click to  "Expand"

Then check on the "Speed".

As for using 5GHz, suggest to test on the 2.4GHz.

As this is only done once, then you can noted it for future reference.

Also some phone cannot use 5GHz in order to reach LTE-A 300Mbps.

Btw, there is another that post that he had this same issue.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Solution

Hi Kenny_

Yes, as checked with our sales team, there will be $100 voucher. It comes as a redemption letter to be mailed to you around 2 to 3 weeks after installation has been fulfilled.

Regarding your query on bandwidth, you can try a speedtest through direct wired connection and perform a speed test over at http://broadbandspeedtest.starhub.com/speedtest/ , this is to confirm that you are getting the speed which you subscribed to. Separately, you may then test around with your mobile device regarding the speed range of what they are capable of.

Should you have queries or any technical related issue, don't hesitate to send us your details via http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery , if i'm not around, my colleagues will be glad to assist you as well.

Enjoy your weekend ahead

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Solution

Usually phone line will remain...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My 1Gbps fibre broadband was setup yesterday. Although the sales mentioned to me the new modem would come with Digital Phone line so that I do not have to maintain power to my old cable modem just for that, the installation engineer's instruction sheet does not include Digital line info and thus that function was not enabled. However, the engineer promised to help me email back to get it activated.

I was told that the new recontract 1 Gbps would start immediately but as I check my HubID login today, it is still reflecting the old Maxfinity 200Mbps plan. How long does it take before the HubID page gets updated?

I did a Wifi OKLA speedtest app test using the 5Gbps band and obtained a average of about 40Mbps. Is that OK? I thought I had hit the range of 80-100Mbps using the same test on my old Maxfinity 200Mbps plan. Is that normal?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Kenny

Your broadband profile has been updated. Can you try again if the homeline works on the new ONT and if you are able to acheive regular speed that is nearer to your subscription?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Kenny

Your broadband profile has been updated. Can you try again if the homeline works on the new ONT and if you are able to acheive regular speed that is nearer to your subscription?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks for th profile update. Yes, my phone line works on the ONT now. I just did a speedtest using my android phone speedtest and it avg about 35Mbps on 2 tries. Both using the 5GHz wifi broadband. Does not seem fast though I understand speedtest are usually done with ethernet cable.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Kenny

What phone are you using? If you are using a mobile device to check on speed with 5Ghz access point, you will need to verify if the mobile device can support 'AC' speed.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

You're right Simon. I guess my phone does not support AC. I used my wife's phone and it could hit 80-90Mbps. Is that the max I could go using wifi speedtest? I understand that for 1Gbps fibre, the guarenteed speed is 30Mbps, if I read correctly.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Just checking, the COMEX $100 voucher promotion for the same 1Gbps fibre plan does not come with recontract?
Highlighted
Grand Guru

Oops... duplicated.