cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-contract

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re-contract

I have been called by a starhub CS person that told me my cable broadband contact ended. 

I'm consider upgrade to the Fiber broadband plans. My home internet device have this

A Motorola SBV5121I Voice-enabled Cable Modem connect to a Dlink DIR 655 Router.

As I upgrade to the Fiber broadband plan, did I need to change my Modem and router. If needed, will have any extra charge?

Last time I didn't pick up the OpenNet Fiber installation. I know I get the Fiber plan will have a onetime SGD250 fee charge, will if have any extra Charge exclude of this? eg, installation fee (starhub).

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Hub Master

Re: Re-contract

Hey Shuin76, could you PM your details to me? I will get my sales team to assist you on this.

Alternative, you can call our Sales Hotline at 1630 to enquire further.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

my current account Maxonline Premium (Acct no :XXXXXXXXX). No contract.

All i want to know is..would i have the extra charge (installation fee [starhub], modem changing) if i sign up to fiber broadband.

Account number blocked to protect your privacy Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Hub Master

Which promotion are you interested in?
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks..i have get the info already. i will skip the fiber broadband plan. too long installation time wait (above 2month).
now i going to re-contract as the maxonline premium..but after searching the starhub homepage..the plan only have 50Mbps-100Mbps which my modem (Motorola SBV5121I Voice-enabled Cable Modem) cannot support the min 50Mbps. if i re-contract the plan which 50Mbps one. is the modem free or i need to buy?
Highlighted
Hub Master

You will be given 3000 reward points whereby you can redeem for DPC 3925 Wireless Modem.
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

currently my broadband have 1197pt and my mobile have 634pt..so izzit meaning i can get the modem free (given 3000pt) or can i deduct from my pt?

Highlighted
Hub Master

Yes. As you will be credited with the 3000 points, you can redeem for the modem using the point and you will not have to fork out any additional cash for it.
Home is where the ♥ is
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Any term or condition for this 3k pts or is it totally free given by starhub?
Highlighted
Hub Master

It is considered a re-contract incentive, apart from the monthly discount or premiums.
Home is where the ♥ is