GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Apple App Store Updates

Esteemed Commentator

Problems with Apple App Store Updates

Wonder if any of you are facing the same problem: My Starhub fibre broadband (signed up in late 2014) was working fine all the time until recently the updating of Apps in the Apple App store (on my Macbook Pro, iPad and iPhone) became extrememly slow or not moving at all. All other things like internet browsing, YouTube are working fine, except for the Apple Store.

However, if I switch my phone to use the 4G network, the updating becomes normal and smooth.

I have called Starhub's tech support and their solution was for me to call Apple, bring my equipment to Apple service centre, or call D'Link (the router supplier).... very frustrating.

Are there any solutions to this issue? Is there anything I can do at my end at home?

9 REPLIES 9
Trusted Advisor

Re: Problems with Apple App Store Updates

@DoGGie wrote:

Wonder if any of you are facing the same problem: My Starhub fibre broadband (signed up in late 2014) was working fine all the time until recently the updating of Apps in the Apple App store (on my Macbook Pro, iPad and iPhone) became extrememly slow or not moving at all. All other things like internet browsing, YouTube are working fine, except for the Apple Store.

However, if I switch my phone to use the 4G network, the updating becomes normal and smooth.

I have called Starhub's tech support and their solution was for me to call Apple, bring my equipment to Apple service centre, or call D'Link (the router supplier).... very frustrating.

Are there any solutions to this issue? Is there anything I can do at my end at home?

You're not alone.  Read for solutions within.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/iphone-chat-room-240/appstore-download-slow-now-5190922.html

Esteemed Commentator

Seemed that there's no solution there but just to wait.

Any possibility that this is a router issue? Mine's the Dlink DIR-868L.
Trusted Advisor

@DoGGie wrote:
Seemed that there's no solution there but just to wait.

Any possibility that this is a router issue? Mine's the Dlink DIR-868L.

Definitely not router or ISP issue.  I'm not using Dlink and yet I'm having the same problem too.  Other ISP like SingNet, etc. are also affected.

Respected Advocate

@DoGGie, you might want to email apple and checked if it would be an problem from their end.

“Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.”
—Agatha Christie
Senior Commentator

Yeah same problem here. Extremely slow updates connecting to the Apple Store, it is also slow as hell listening to Apple Music. However, when I connect using 4G on another provider, it's fine and downloads are fast. I'm on Fibre and I guess it has to do with the ISP. Many reporting the issue on StarHub's Facebook page. It's been more than a week already and still waiting. Maybe I'll start looking at other providers if this isn't resolved soon

Esteemed Commentator

It sure as hell is the ISPs fault. App store downloads timing out, Apple Music keeps pausing to buffer, and as soon as I flick on a VPN everything is normal again. The ISP has the ability to configure their routes to fix this bs

New Commentator

Just get the latest version of app from Tutuapp. You can download the this app from this official source. All the latest apps are available for free on this app store.

Valued Commentator

[Removed]

Admin Note: We will suspend your account if you continue to post unrelated content on our forum. 

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

[Removed]

Admin Note: We will suspend your account if you continue to post unrelated content on our forum.