GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding

Esteemed Commentator

Port Forwarding

Hi, I've been desperately trying to put my web server on line since moving to Singapore and Starhub from Australia, but Port Forwarding is not working. I have a Linksys EA7500 as a router and everything is set up properly. But while I can access my web server from within my LAN, All the requests from the internet fail, whether it's HTTP, HTTPS or SSH (And I have set up port forwarding for all 3 ports, 80, 443 and 22). At this stage, it cannot be my setup or the router, and there is something very fishy, when I access the router's WAN address (58.182.***.***) from inside the network, I get back to the proper page on the web server, which means that the port forwarding of the router works. So, at this stage, I'm wondering whether Starhub is not blocking all ports, as canyouseeme.org does not detect any open port on my external IP. Thanks in advance for your answers. Philippe

7 REPLIES 7
Grand Guru

Re: Port Forwarding

Please do note that the so-called WAN address is your IP Address assign to you.

As this is a public forum it is best not to reveal any personal details.

On the top right click on the the Arrow and select Edit Reply.

Remove your personal details and post.

Suggest you write to forum staff for to pass to the  dept in-charge to answer your enquires.

Do PM (private message) forum staff Amy_Law to assist you on this matter.

Click on this link; >> Send private message to Amy_Law

Please submit and provide with the following information;

Message Subject:

Registered subscriber Name, NRIC/FIN number, contact, email.

How to send a PM (Private Message) on StarHub Community?

i am not starhub staff &or related to.

Esteemed Commentator

Thanks Eric3743, done and done.

Cheers!

Honored Commentator

Hi, 

May I know whether there was any resolution to this problem? 

I am having the same issues trying to ssh into my server. 

Thank you. 

Esteemed Commentator

Hi,

Unfortunately no, there was no happy resolution to this problem as I had a reply from Starhub that they were blocking a number of ports, and in particular port 80. This did not suit me for a number of reasons so I stopped investigating and looked for another solution entirely. I have attached the mail from Starhub below if you want some details.

Cheers,

Philippe

====================================================================

We have checked with our Backend Engineers and they shared that Port 80 is blocked on our MaxInfinity Fiber Broadband services due to StarHub security reason.  Please allow us to share that Port 443 and 22 is not blocked on our Network.

Please also note that the following ports below are blocked for StarHub security reasons.

Port 135
Port 137
Port 139
Port 445
Port 4444
Port 151 (UDP)
Port 80

We also wish to clarify that some websites may detect our proxy IP address instead of your WAN IP Address. We wish to clarify that the use of a proxy server is not unique to StarHub. Under Singapore regulations, all ISPs in Singapore are to ensure that their subscribers go through a proxy server. This is to ensure restricted and undesirable websites are barred and not within reach, under a consolidated and centralized control. hence, it depends on how the website "capture" the user IP address.

Meanwhile, for in depth configuration of the Linksys EA7500 router,  we would recommend you to contact Linkys at their Technical Support Hotline 6701-6971 to assist you in troubleshooting the wireless issues you are experiencing.

Everyone's Tags (1)
Grand Guru

Hi  PhilippeK

For Linksys EA7500-AH Router.

There is a need to update the firmware as according to the Guide.

For this Port Forward issue you may read some comments in the link (available at the bottom too)

>> Port forwarding not working

Alternately there are local forums regarding this matters.

Regards.

Esteemed Commentator

Thanks Eric, but the problem really lies with Starhub, their proxy and the port blocking, I had a long chat with Linksys on the subject...

Cheers,

Philippe

Everyone's Tags (1)
Honored Commentator

Thanks for the reply. Just like to say that ssh was not really blocked in my case. It was a configuration error.