GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one came for the scheduled appointment. Disappointing customer service over the phone.

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

No one came for the scheduled appointment. Disappointing customer service over the phone.

We registered for a new 1Gbps Fibre Broadband on a Road Show at Hillion Mall on 23 February 2019. The agent ask us when would we like to schedule the appointment so we set it on 04 March 2019 evening. On the day itself nobody came so we called 1633 and the customer service told us that the sales team will call us within 24-48 hours. We waited for the call and got nothing. It's been almost a month and we called the customer service for maybe 10 times and they used the same script that someone from the sales team will call us within 24-48 hours. We wanted to cancel the application but apparently, all the representatives we talked to told us that we would have to pay $200 for the cancellation fee. There was also an instance on the 4th call that the representative told us that the application was not processed and the sales team will call to issue a new job order. Today I tried to call again the the representative told me that they will escalate the issue and should expect a call within 3 hours and as expected we got nothing. There we're a lot of issues that made this experience very unpleasant for us as we are wasting time, effort and money for using too much data waiting for nothing and not knowing what's happening.

1. Why would Starhub schedule for an appointment even though you are not able to honor it?

2. Why do you use the same script that you will escalate the issue to another team and expect a call within 24-48 hours?
3. Why do you hold your customers on the neck by not allowing them to cancel this very inefficient service if they don't pay a cancellation fee?

As a customer I would understand if you could have been honest with us, give a proper explanation what's causing the delay and not give any expectations that the issue will be escalated and someone will contact us on a specific time.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Re: No one came for the scheduled appointment. Disappointing customer service over the phone.

Hi andypastor

Have your concerns been attended?

Let me have your registered name, contact number, affected service address and Hub ID / email address for verification by clicking the red words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so I can arrange for assistance. 

- Amy
Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Re: No one came for the scheduled appointment. Disappointing customer service over the phone.

Not yet. I'll send the details via private message

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Hi Amy,

I was searching your username when sending a private message unfortunately it was not found so I send it to the default Starhub
Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Yes, indeed. All PMs should be sent to the default Starhub account.

I've replied to your PM as well. 

- Amy