GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo 3DS XL problem with establishing a stable connection.

Valued Commentator

Nintendo 3DS XL problem with establishing a stable connection.

I can surf the net on my computer just fine, I can even connect to the wifi using my phone and other laptops. However, my 3DS XL can't really connect to it. Weird thing is, the internet browser in the console works fine, but thats the only thing that works.

36 REPLIES 36
Hub Master

Re: Nintendo 3DS XL problem with establishing a stable connection.

Do you have SafeSurf on your broadband connection? It might be affecting it.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Valued Commentator

So if i have safesurf am i supposed to disable it? How do i check?

Windows™ Phone Expert

Hi, you can manage SafeSurf here: http://safesurf.starhub.com/
-----
Windows Phone / 8 Developer | Technical Evangelist | Content Writer at Spiffy.sg | @ReignOfComputer
Honored Commentator

Hi, I am having this issue as well. Safe surf has been turned off. Really fustrating even bought a new router still no luck please advice me on what to do.

Senior Commentator

I'm having problem with my 3DS XL when connecting to the internet. My other devices such as my pc , phone and ps vita could access the internet except for my 3DX XL. Also, my SafeSurf is deactivated. I have also went testing it on Singtel and M1, no problem at all.

Hope you can help me solve this problem. Smiley Happy

Windows™ Phone Expert

Hi all, can you please post the Error Code you're receiving when connecting? I'd also need to know the game or software you're using and what action led to the Error.

To be really thorough, please also let me know if you're using MaxInfinity Fibre or MaxOnline Cable, and the current router you're using.

-----
Windows Phone / 8 Developer | Technical Evangelist | Content Writer at Spiffy.sg | @ReignOfComputer
Senior Commentator

MaxOnline Cable.

Error Code 003-2101

Windows™ Phone Expert

Alright, I take it the connection has been entered in Internet Settings.

During setup, when a Connection Test is performed, does an error occur or is it okay at this stage?
-----
Highlighted
Honored Commentator

Same as the above user max online as well as the error code. Problem occurs during connection test. Internet works fine for browsing but other than that it drops connection really fast on some rare occasions when I get the connection through on pokemon y. Router is cisco dcp 3925

Everyone's Tags (2)