GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo 3DS XL problem with establishing a stable connection.

Valued Commentator

Re: Nintendo 3DS XL problem with establishing a stable connection.

Seems like it's intermittent. During Pokemon ORAS release period, I could play, so about 23rd Nov onwards I was able to. Haven't tried connecting since Jan though. But yea, I'm considering switching ISP since my contract is expiring soon so I won't have to deal with the connection issues for future games lol.
Honored Commentator

Yeah it probably is, at least it's safe to say that the issue is with starhub and nothing to do with nintendo, routers settings etc. Probably will switch ISP as well, 2 years and the problem has not been fixed or looked into. Well done Starhub.

Honored Commentator

Hey guys I managed to find a temporary fix to this problem by using a free proxy service and entering it on the 3ds Internet settings. Here's to hoping it pinpoints what is actually wrong with starhubs connection and find a perm solution. Cheers
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hi all,

I'm using Starhub Fibre 200 plan, and using the 868L router. I have no issues with Internet connectivity on my 3DS XL (Black). I have Pokemon X&Y, ORAS and MH4U. All games and eshop are fine when connecting to the net.

I'm not sure if it's your console setting or something else. Just my 2-cents.

Honored Commentator

Could we get an official response and support from starhub reguarding this issue? Connection works through a US proxy so im pretty sure the problem is on starhub's side. Seems like only certain places are affected though.

Everyone's Tags (1)
Honored Commentator

I'll post here everyday till I get a reply.
Everyone's Tags (1)
Senior Commentator

Just to share,  somehow I was able to fix 003-2101 issue after removing the SafeSurf VAS entirely from My Account. It took about 1 or 2 days to take effect.

I am using DLink router, previous used WPA2 causes the same problem (somehow Dlink WPA2 doesn't work properly), so I change to WEP and everything working fine now.