Did you mean: 

NEW linksys EA8100 very slow on both 2.4G and 5G

Senior Commentator

NEW linksys EA8100 very slow on both 2.4G and 5G

3 REPLIES
Senior Commentator

Re: NEW linksys EA8100 very slow on both 2.4G and 5G

Hi Starhub,

The newly installed linksys EA8100 (about a week) is very very slow even i have a 1G subscription.  I felt there is something wrong with the wifi router.  Can change.

For 2.4G, it range btw 20 - 60mbps. download

For 5G, it ranges btw 150 - 250mbps. download

All my settings are auto auto - i tested every combination on the wifi settings on the router and read from community to change settings etc...the speed changes little as show in the range above.  I test 2-3m away, 5m, 10m, 15m etc with line of sight. I change location of router also the same speed.  I have test the speed at different time and over different days for a week.  It gives above mentioned speed.  When it first installed, i test on 5G, it was able go up to 500mbps.  Now never.... I just tested at 12midnight in my room - i get 33mbps download and 5mbps upload at 2.4G.  How can it be so low.

Is the router faulty ?  Previously i use old Asus rt-ac66 with a 300mbps subscription plan.  I will always get above to get 300mbps on 5G about 5m away and about 200mbps for 2.4G.

Grand Guru

Hi,

This Linksys EA8100 has a feature which would be related to your issue.

Understand > Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) - FAQ

Try to turn off this DFS settings and monitor the situation.

i am not starhub staff.

Community Manager

Hi redwatermelon

Let's try to isolate the issue to see if this is router specific - have you tested the connection using a LAN cable to your laptop/PC via your ONT at www.starhub.com/personal/support/device-trouble-shooting/broadband/perform-speed-test.html to see if the issues recur?

If the issues continue, please send us your registered name, service address and Hub ID / email address for verification by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < so we can assist you.

- Amy