GreenR Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fibre broadband internet service gets cut off and on, causing slow and lag.

New Commentator

My Fibre broadband internet service gets cut off and on, causing slow and lag.

I am facing this problem on the beginning of march that the internet boardband fibre is connected to the desktop is lag and slow than normal.

Though i didn't bother much of the issue because i used my laptop more often for work, however the problem start to spread to my MAC, Iphone and my laptop which causing hang and lag internet service. Even disconnection

The slow internet performance can be hang for 2 to 3 mins, sometime worst as the page can't even load up as showing me the page of internet unable to load, but the boardband fibre is still binking fine. 

Please advise, 

9 REPLIES 9
Hub Master

Re: My Fibre broadband internet service gets cut off and on, causing slow and lag.

Please connected your computer to the Home Gateway using wired connection. To test the speed, you may perform the bandwidth test on broadbandspeedtest.starhub.com/speedtest
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

Re: My Fibre broadband internet service gets cut off and on, causing slow and lag.

i also encounter similiar issue. whenever i try to access the internet, the connection is struck there. i have tried using wired/wifi connection. Both having the same issue. Please advice

Hub Master

Hi ShawnLai

Could you elaborate further? Thanks.
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

The issue is very strange. I always use internet for maybe 30mins...the connection will hang there. I need to repair my connection in order to work. I thought it is my laptop having the issue. But my 2 handphones also having the same issue which i need to off and on the wifi connection in order to work again.do u have customer having the same issue as me?it has been the problem after i change to fiber. Please advice.Thanks
Hub Master

When it occur, are you still connected to the WiFi network? What is the LED status of the Home Gateway and ONT when you are unable to surf?
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

When it occur, i am connected to wifi network. I did not notice the LED status. I will check tonight or tomorrow and let u know since it is always happen. Thanks
Hub Master

Please help me monitor for the time being as they are the important symptoms to look out for.
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

Ok no problem. I also want to solve this issue asap since it disturb my work and surfing.Thanks
Hub Master

Just keep me updated. Any issue, you can also drop me a PM.
Home is where the ♥ is