cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification fee

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Modification fee

Just wish to share with everyone my unpleasant experience with StarHub recently. 

I recontracted my Fibre broadband from 1Gbps to 500Mbps. No mention of modification fee $30 during recontract, but was billed in my 1st bill. Upon verifiying with StarHub, it's answered as per below: The $30 modification fee is a configuration fee which is charged customers whenever they change/downgrade their plan. 

Firstly, consumers should be forewarned about it during signing so that they have the choice to decide whether to maintain current broadband or downgrade.

Secondly, consumers might think twice about downgrading so as to avoid being charged the modification fee or could even switch Telco provider since contract has ended. 

Thirdly, I read through the previous Agreement which I signed with StarHub 2 years ago, the agreement did have a clause - Payment of a “Broadband Downgrade Fee” in the amount of $15.00 (GST inclusive) is applicable. So even if StarHub wishes to charge customers, it should be $15 & not $30.

The difference of $15 or $30 is not much, but this seems unethical in business. 

Thank you everyone for reading my post.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Commentator

Re: Modification fee

I am not paying this since it's not indicated in the contract or anywhere in their website. Did you managed to get a refund?

Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Re: Modification fee

Hi Wayne, StarHub refused to waive that charge. That's why I'm sharing my experience here with others, preventing anyone from similar treatment in future.