cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

Home Networking Expert

Re: Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

@ajw wrote:

I am pretty sure the problem is not with the modem because i tried directly connected to it and the ping was still high. They cant fix the problem, but only make you keep going through the same loop.

As part of the test done yesterday, Nucleus Connect provisioned another "line" to port 3, and they tested the ping & speed on port 3 bypassing "starhub" (not exactly sure what they mean by bypass as they were still testing the line speed on starhub broadbandspeedtest) - surprise surprise, no lag + full speed

So I'm quite sure they are tracing the 'path' now for those affected with this problem

Home Networking Expert

Tonight so far so good!! Finger cross it will stay this way

Senior Contributor

Yes same here, as good as non-peak hours.
ajw
Esteemed Contributor

looking good on my side too.

Honored Commentator

Same here guys Smiley Happy

Home Networking Expert

Anyone notice the problem is creeping back again? Not as bad as before... but... 

Will monitor a few more days 

Senior Contributor

Still fine at my end
New Commentator

@StarHub, I paid for 1000Mbps aka 1Gbps, but I'm only hitting no more than 25Mbps. That's like maximum 2MB/s speed. Does this mean I only need to pay 5% of the monthly subscription fee? It has been going on for a long time now. Check Postal Area 151055. Did the rat chew out anything along the way? And DO NOT TELL ME THE OBVIOUS THAT I NEED TO RESTART DEVICES AND BYPASS ROUTER AND TEST DIRECTLY AT FIBER MODEM POINT. I'm an IT Engineer and I've already done that. IF the upload speed is half decent, why the download speed is less than half decent?

Capture.JPG

Community Manager

Hi Andy, Let us know if you are still facing any issues after restarting the ONT device and router. Do also PM us your subscriber name, registered Hub ID / email address and mobile number >> HERE << we’ll arrange for assistance. Thank you.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!