Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

Home Networking Expert

Re: Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

@kon_sg wrote:

@ajw wrote:

So the engineer that came saw the high ping already and what is the conclusion? He will inform backend and case closed?

Backend network will check (during office hour), and ask CS to call me and tell me nothing is wrong, they've done all they can =))

Starhub called me this afternoon. And he has seen the field engineer report and would submit to their back-end for further check. Now suddenly there is network guy that work 24x7...

All I can say is Starhub don't trust customer, they need to send their people in to see for themselves before they will escalate to back-end. I cannot understand the difference between we tell them issue during peak period vs their field engineer tell them the same issue.

ajw
Esteemed Contributor

Why do I feel like they will reply you there is no problem in the backend?Smiley Very Happy

Home Networking Expert

@ajw wrote:

Why do I feel like they will reply you there is no problem in the backend?Smiley Very Happy

DId they visit you yesterday?

I'm expecting a reply from them tomorrow Smiley Wink

Although now I get intermittent disconnection - have to restart modem - don't know what they doing

ajw
Esteemed Contributor

Nope, the CSO told me still arranging, apparently no technician wants to come at 10pm. Just want to sweep everything under the carpet.

Home Networking Expert

hahahaha Starhub back-end say nothing wrong my line... hahahaha

now pending 'management decision' on how to solve the problem since their on site engineer confirm there is issue

Valued Commentator

Hi all,

Just an update on my case, Starhub came by and loan/install a Cable Broadband router for me on Monday and I did not have time to test for Monday and Tuesday. Tonight I just tested at around 9:40 pm and I did not have the high ping issue for the Cable Broadband router. Ping was generally stable at around 8-18 ms, Averaging at the 10-11 ms range. Tested it till around 10 pm. Switched back to Fiber to test and the Ping is back to the 80-150 ms range. Clearly the problem is only with Fiber Broadband. Hopefully this helps Starhub to locate and pin point the issue.

ajw
Esteemed Contributor

@Gnayhey " There is no problem with backend " i quote starhub network backend team

Honored Commentator

Is the internet down for anyone?

Senior Contributor

Starhub said nothing wrong at their end, my case closed 2 weeks ago. Below is what I'm getting from my 1000Mbps subscription at 10.30pm tonight. Just wanted to put this out there:

starhub local WIFI 12 May.pngWifi

Home Networking Expert

Tonight Netflix take forever to load. But I'm sure is everything else faulty except starhub since their backend engineer say nothing wrong. So it must be true lah... Zzzzzzz