cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

Highlighted
Home Networking Expert

Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

Anyone having issue with high ping and slower internet speed during peak hours - between 8pm to midnight?

Start noticing the problem first week of March, Samknows box registering similar result (dropping to as low as <100Mbps) - am on 1Gbps plan. Test from 2am onwards return to normal (high 800Mbps download speed & <3ms ping)

Coincidentally, public IP was moved to 101.xxx.xxx.xxx range when problem started (could be a coincidence though)... The high ping seems to start from Starhub gateway? Contacted starhub, was told still investigating...

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 101.127.244.1 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 66 | 113 | 175 | 109 |
| an-ts-br05.starhub.net.sg - 0 | 880 | 880 | 65 | 112 | 179 | 116 |
| 183.90.44.177 - 0 | 881 | 881 | 64 | 118 | 319 | 106 |
| s6-0-1-3-r10.cyberway.com.sg - 0 | 881 | 881 | 63 | 111 | 171 | 106 |

P/S: test result are all done on Gbps lan, so definitely not wifi issue, and EVERY device in the household producing similar result (so wifi device will get even worst result)

118 REPLIES 118
Alumni (Retired)

Re: Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping &amp; Low Speed during peak period

Hi kon_sg

Let us know here > via Private Message < if you need updates on your technical request. 

- Amy
Home Networking Expert

Re: Maxinfinity Fibre - High Ping & Low Speed during peak period

Seems like I'm the only one with problem Smiley Sad
Community Manager

Hey Kon, our customer service team had received your email. Our technical helpdesk team will get in touch with you for assistance. - Simon 

Honored Commentator

Actually im having the same issue at OP.
Just switched to the 1 Gbps fibre plan, and wired ethernet connection mind you. 
I do alot of gaming during my free time and these pings are really unacceptable. 

Capture.JPG

Community Manager

Hi itzALTA

If you're still experiencing issues as of now after rebooting all your devices, please drop me a PM with your registered name, registered mobile number, Hub ID/email address and service address (including postal code and unit numbers) by clicking the words bracketed by the arrows here > via Private Message < for me to arrange for assistance. Thank you.

- Jackson
ajw
Esteemed Contributor

I got the same issue as OP too, always happen between 9pm to 12amedited starhub screenshot.PNG

Community Manager

Hi Ajw, does the issue persist after restarting the equipment? PM us with your details to check, https://bit.ly/2S5w5qq  

========================================
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub

Has someone helped you?
Say thanks by liking the post.

Has your post been solved?
Let others know by marking the post using the "Accept as Solution" button.

Home is where the ♥ is
Honored Commentator

Still haven't receive any calls from starhub to solve this issue. 

1gbps fibre plan. Wired connection. 

Use different Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6 cables. 

Powered on and off routers etc for extended periods of time.

No difference whatsoever. 

Capture.JPG

Senior Contributor

Mine is worse, also happens around 9pm-12mn. I have 1Gbps subscription and very upset now.

Called hotline and they'll be sending tech to check. I'm not hopeful any problem will be uncovered at my end as everything is fine (LAN: ping <10, 900+mbps) during day time. Which means it is a peak hour issue. Keeping my fingers crossed this unacceptable issue can be resolved soon.

Speed is even worse using the new Linksys ea8100 router, so I've switched back to older dlink 868.

LAN connection:

starhub local LAN.pngLAN connection

5Ghz wifi connection:starhub local.png5Ghz wifi connection