cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxInfinity subscriber moving to a new place without Fiber Termination Point

Highlighted
Respected Commentator

MaxInfinity subscriber moving to a new place without Fiber Termination Point

I'm a MaxInfinity (Fiber) subcriber.  I just moved to a new place without a Fiber Termination Point.  So, I would like to know how much it's going to cost and the procedure to have Fiber Termination Point installed at my new place.

I called Starhub support a couple of times but they're kinda confused about "installing a NEW TP" and "new account".  Apparently, one said when she heard "new TP" she told me that she'll let the sales to contact me.  I do not want a new account. 

Another one said about relocation fees and this and that.  Close but not quite.  I don't want the one installed at my previous to be removed.  It simply doesn't benefit me for removing that TP from my old place.  Besides, I got that for free, why would I pay to get it removed??

Another thing I'm playing in my mind is that, I can get my current subscription terminated and sign-up for a new one.  The thing is that termination fee is about $300+.

Anyway, according to OpenNet's website, an installation is just $220.  If ever there's something like activation fee of about $38 (by piecing the information given by support) I have to pay, it's still the cheapest option I can get.

So, is it as easy I as I'm expecting?  If I get a new TP installed, it's just going be just like the cable internet where I login to Starhub website and change my Service Address to my new address?

7 REPLIES 7
Hub Master

Re: MaxInfinity subscriber moving to a new place without Fiber Termination Point

Your new place is a HDB/Condo or Landed?

There is a charge of $220 (before GST) for installation of the Termination Point if it is a HDB/Condo. For landed property, it will be $450 (before GST).

On top of that, the following charges will be applicable for the transfer of your service to a new location.

Relocation Fee of $100 (before GST)
Service Activation Fee of $30 (before GST)
Installation Charge of $50 (before GST)
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

Re: MaxInfinity subscriber moving to a new place without Fiber Termination Point

Hi,

It's an HDB Condo.

What's the Relocation Fee for? Does it mean the previous one will be
dismantled? If so, this is not what I want to happen.

Hub Master

It is to transfer the existing MaxInfinity Service to a new location.
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

Starhub sales rep will contact me within 48 hours according to the two separate calls I made to starhub support ... and that is four days ago.

Starhub support seems not equiped to answer the type of condition I'm trying to achieve.

Anyway, I called OpenNet directly to book for installation of fiber termination point at my new place.  After that, I will test if my NucleusConnect will actually connect.

Hub Master

That would not be possible as we would need to relocate your service to the new address. Simply moving your equipment over and setting it up will not work.
Home is where the ♥ is
Respected Commentator

Hi,

Are you saying that fiber works like a regular phone line?  That each line runs directly to the core system of the operator?  So, it's either whenever I move, that line has to be physically relocated or a change my number to a new one that is already there?  Do you even know how fiber works? (asking kindly)

Ok, let me keep it simple.  Let's say I moved to a new place with fiber termination point already installed. I signed up for fiber subscription.  Would OpenNet still install a new termination point?  Or they will just provide me the modem and activate the service?

I moved a couple times with my cable internet.  Since Starhub owns the cable network, I can just simple move my cable modem around and change the service address.  The same thing should happen on fiber.  Only the activation is different since the fiber network is owned by someone else.  Correct?

Hub Master

Cable broadband works differently from fibre broadband. For cable broadband, the service is tagged to the equipment (modem). As from fibre broadband, the service is tied to both address and equipment. Due to the complexity of fibre broadband, there is a charge for relocation of the fibre broadband service (charged by Nucleus Connect).

Hope this clarifies.
Home is where the ♥ is