StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxInfinity Elite and Samsung Smart TV Series 7 - Cannot connect to Internet!

Respected Commentator

MaxInfinity Elite and Samsung Smart TV Series 7 - Cannot connect to Internet!

I bought the Samsung Smart TV Series 7 early this month and tried to connect it wirelessly to StarHub's D-Link wireless router under my MaxInfinity Elite fibre broadband plan with StarHub.  My Samsung smart TV prompted that I successfully connected to the wireless network, but not to the Internet,and directed me to ask my Internet service provider ie StarHub for more information.  Surprisingly StarHub after 3 days replied that they could not help and I should ask Samsung!  I'm caught in between.  What am I to do, I don't wish to use wired connection as I'll have to use a very long LAN cable?

13 REPLIES 13
Home Networking Expert

Re: MaxInfinity Elite and Samsung Smart TV Series 7 - Cannot connect to Internet!

Can you connect other wireless device to the router and do they work? If it does, that means there is nothing wrong with the router/wifi... then it's your TV problem isn't it? 

The point is you need to isolate the fault first?

Respected Commentator

Re: MaxInfinity Elite and Samsung Smart TV Series 7 - Cannot connect to Internet!

Tks Sgt Kon, yes it works with my other device.  Yes it could be something wrong with the TV, although it pompted me to refer the problem to my Internet service provider, StarHub.  But I was thinking StarHub when configuring the D-Link to accept devices as administrator may proscribe certain access limitations which somehow affect my Samsung TV? 

Anyway, I just received email fm StarHub saying they are now liaising with Samsung to look into this matter.

Highlighted
Senior Advocate

it is a known issue with Dlink router and Samsung TV.

i would suggest contacting StarHub and get their advise on this.

Usually they would suggest purchasing a Router from a 3rd party vendor or from them and contact them to perform Direct ONT to connect the router.

_____
Xperia SP Android v4.3 rooted. Looking to upgrade to Xperia ZL soon
Esteemed Contributor

I'm having the same problem .... call up starhub and was given another so they told me to set wifi to G only .... I guess its the dlink router problem ... 

Respected Commentator

Thanks, MaxYeo.  So they downgraded your router to accommodate your TV.  Will this create problems with your other devices that require N capability/range?  We also need the D-Link N Wireless router for laptop which is not always near the router.  Anyway, N router is supposed to be newer with capability to function as an N or G when required, am I right?

Esteemed Contributor

Still using the same router juz set wifi to g only .... but samsung recommend connecting in n ....
Senior Commentator

I have the same problem. I just bought my Samsng series 5 smart tv. Tv can connect to wireless network, but cannot connect to internet. I called Starhub Customer Service. The replies:

1. It is the problem of the Dlink router, which cannot support the smart TV.

2. This problem has been around for at least 3 months.

3. There is nothing Strahub can do about it except to wait for Dlink to upgrade their firmware for the the router.

4. Currently all Strahub customers using Samsung Smart TV cannot connect their TV to internet, as Starhub only has these type of routers. 

These are what the technician told me. I am frustrated with this situation. Bought a smart tv cannot go online. Sigh. Anyone has any solution or I have to switch telco?

Respected Commentator

Tks Shamu.  StarHub suggested to me, as a temporary measure, I try directly wire the D-Link to the TV, which I'll do and advise if successful.

Hub Expert

Folks, I checked on this and I'm told that a firmware fix will be automatically sent to D-Link routers around end-October. In the interim, I'm told you can call 1633 and ask for a D-Link engineer to be dispatched to your home to update the firmware. This second part (the D-Link engineer coming to your home) may not be completely disseminated in our call centres - if you call and the CSO says "there's nothing that can be done", please PM me your IC, your mobile, (and, if possible, your StarHub Customer ID) and I'll try and have someone call you back.

- Varun.

My posts represent ONLY my own opinions.
Everyone's Tags (1)