StarHub Community|The Community Run by You
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Delays and Lack of Service

Valued Commentator

Major Delays and Lack of Service

I have been with Starhub mobile for years. Never have I expected such poor service from Starhub until I recently signed up for one of your Fibre plans.

1) The OpenNet technician did not come at all as appointed. No calls no nothing from anyone. I had to personally call OpenNet 2 hours past the appointment time to verify.

2) After the missed appointment, there was 0% of concrete follow-up action. Yes I received numerous calls from different departments, surprisingly, to enquire whether the OpenNet installation has been done. Perhaps Starhub should improve on its internal communications and communications with OpenNet to avoid such inefficiency. Oh, and through the numerous calls, still NO promise of follow-up. All I got was them telling me to wait for OpenNet to contact me, wait for another department to contact me, etc. Thanks for the SERVICE, Starhub.

3) The Sales staff who got me to buy the plan did call me. Once. To verify about the status of installation again. His name is Wei Ming. I thought he was a friendly guy. But he disappeared after promising to send me his contact number in case I need help. Like the time right after signing the contract where he promised to email me some details. Which never came. And, there was some free vouchers available for signing up for the 200mbps plan! But we had to go back to the roadshow booth to remind him about it because he was not aware of it all through the 20+ minutes of coaxing us to buy the plan. Finally, upon reading the fineprint, the vouchers' redemption expire before our appointed installation dates. That is a whole series of service screw-ups which are unneccesary.

4) Now, I'm tired of waiting. When I call the 1633 hotline, they directed me to the 1630 customer service hotline. When I called 1630, they told me there's nothing they can do regarding my contract unless I pay the cancellation fees of $200+. The only alternative was to contact Sales side. Mind you, 2 months of waiting for nothing, and you still expect me to pay you money for the zero service? No installation was done at all. And it was well past the appointed installation dates with NO proper follow-up actions other than empty promises and neverending delays. My next door neighbours have already had their installation and activation by Starhub this week. So Starhub claims there was an OpenNet issue - why was this resolved suddenly and we were just conveniently skipped despite all this waiting?

5) So we got the Customer Service officer to get Sales to call me. I did receive 2 missed calls the next day while I was away from the phone. Then, nothing else. The next day, I spoke to the Customer Service officer again and she said that Sales has already marked in the system that they have already spoken with me. This is simply ridiculous. And she escalated this to be an emergency callback by noon. I waited. No call. Then she promised to get them to call back within the hour, again. Unsurprisingly, no call.

6) I have detailed the entire chronology of my Fibre customer service experience. How the customer was kicked around between departments. Then left alone with no assistance. And now I want to terminate this unfulfilled contract and nobody is bothering. Special mentions to Starhub Sales department.
3 REPLIES 3
Hub Master

Re: Major Delays and Lack of Service

Please drop us your details over at http://bit.ly/StarHubQuery

Thanks
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
Senior Advisor

1633 hotline forever busy like a bee. must wait at least 30 mins to 1 hour. keep listen those bo liao music.

Hub Master

Hi @CookieMonster

Anything I can help you? Is it regarding your speed issue?
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is