Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyal customer for MaxInfinity Ultimate

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Loyal customer for MaxInfinity Ultimate

Hi,

I received a letter from starhub last week which states that as a loyal customer, I am able to switch my current home broadband to 100mbps Fibre broadband - Maxinfinity Ultimate with S$49.65. Currently I am using Maxonline Express (16mbps) which signed under a bundle package last Sept with TV and digital voice. My monthly Maxonline broadband fee shown in the bill is S$53.20.

With great expectation of an early recontract from current Maxonline to this Maxinfinity Ultimate, I called 1630 and get great disappointment as well. The service staff told me in rude attitude that it is not true for me to recontract the broadband only, instead I have to recontract the whole bundle package. I will incur more than what I am having now.

Thus, I would like to clarify if I am able to recontract my Maxonline only to Maxinfinity Ultimate with S$49.65? If not, what is the point of sending me this letter with such a big printing of this amount? Make me recontract the whole bundle package and incur more than what I am having now if I do not check properly? Great reward to your so-called loyal customer….

starhub.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Valued Commentator

Re: Loyal customer for MaxInfinity Ultimate

I wanna know this as well.. 

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

I called and i would have to pay more per mth if i get the bundle. Maybe should wait for 4 more mths for the contract to end instead...

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Christopher92. Thank you for adding your comment here. If I were you, I would rather wait for 4 months for the current contract to expire and reconsider if a new and cheaper fibre home broadband can be found from other broadband service provider than being a “loyal” customer here and recontract with this “loyal” reward program…

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

Thx for your suggestion. Being considering the pros n cons for changing broadband svc provider. Smiley Happy

Singtel did make an offer to mirgrate all the svcs to their site and their bundle (Fibre, Tv, Phone) cost less. Smiley Surprised

Highlighted
Alumni (Retired)

Hi there, we will appreciate it if you can write in to us your contact details via customerservice@starhub.com or alternatively via our StarHub Cares Support and we will assist you further upon receiving your details.

Thanks 

Highlighted
Senior Commentator

write in for?

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Hi Noura, I am indicating the efficiency of Starhub not yours with my article below.

What an ultimate disappointed reply from Starhub Customer Service. As Starhub understands this topic has attracted a significant number of views but also enquiries from other Starhub current customers, Starhub should give your explanation here. Don’t you think so?

I believe I have clearly stated my enquiry in the first article of this topic. Letter issued by Starhub is also attached here. Starhub should give your explanation if this letter is misleading to viewers here who are still concerning this topic.

I am really frustrated as before I open this topic here, I have personally communicated my circumstance with Starhub Customer Service Centre in NEX. They replied me that they are not familiar with this reward program and ask me to call back 1630.

I am doubtful if Starhub can give me a direct answer by emailing customerservice@starhub.com. As this is the latest reply from Starhub, I shall write in again. I shall share subsequent correspondences with Starhub in this forum under this topic because I am responsible to my viewers.

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

I received the reply from Starhub this afternoon with the following offer.

We refer to our conversation on 05 November 2012.

First and foremost, we thank you for your interest in renewing your StarHub TV and Broadband contract with us. As requested, herewith are the mechanics of the Starhub TV and MaxInfinity plans we have discussed for your perusal.

StarHub TV Promotion - StarHub Starter Pack Offer (Recontract)

Offer comes with:

- $10.70 discount for 24 consecutive months.

- A tiered Promotion Early Termination Charge from $321 will be levied if the service is terminated within 24-month contractual period.    

MaxInfinity Ultimate (up to 100mbps MaxInfinity access): 60% discount

- 60% monthly discount worth $74.47 per month for 24 continuous months (Monthly subscription @ $49.65)

- A Free Fibre-ready Wireless Home Gateway.

- Contract on MaxInfinity Ultimate subscription for 24 continuous months

- A tiered Promotion Early Termination Charge from $428 will be levied if service is terminated within contractual period 

In addition to the Promotion Early Termination Charge, another service Early Termination Charge will also apply if the termination occurs within the first 12 months of subscription. The Service Early Termination Charge for MaxInfinity will be calculated by pro-rating the amount of $385.20 on a per day basis for the unfulfilled remainder of the aforesaid 12-month period

As shared earlier, there will be an installation fee of $53.50, which is payable by upfront cash, has to be made after the successful installation. We are pleased to inform that the activation fee (worth $32.10) will be waived.

A cancellation fee of $171.20 (after GST) will be levied, should you decide to withdraw from this MaxInfinity sign up, at any point of time, prior to and/or on the aforementioned installation date arranged.

Highlighted
Trusted Commentator

Currently in my monthly billing statement, Starhub charges me $17.10 for Starhub TV (after Hub Club Discount of 10%), $53.20 for Home Cable Broadband Max Online (after Hub Club Discount of 5%) and $1.96 for Digital Voice Home.

In order to minimize any misunderstandings, I would like to confirm if I recontract my bundle service with Starhub for this MaxInfinity Ultimate, Starhub will charge me $17.10 for Starhub TV (after Hub Club Discount of 10%), $47.17 for MaxInfinity Ultimate Fibre Broadband (after Hub Club Discount of 5% on $49.65) and $1.96 for Digital Voice Home, isn't it ? If not, I request Starhub to clarify how much will be charged and shown in my monthly billing statement for Starhub TV, MaxInfinity Ultimate Fibre Broadband and Digital Voice Home if I recontract my bundle service for this Maxifinity Ultimate Fibre Broadband.

I shall update our correspondences subsequently.